Windows Home Server Consol comes up blank RRS feed

• Question

• Just did an uninstall of an Add-On.  It looked like it went fine.  Once it uninstall, the server gave a message it would now close and to restart it.  I did and the consol now comes up with a light blue screen and nothing else.  All seems to work but I now get a warning message that the add-on is ready to install and to open the server consol to install it (which I can't).

HELP.  Any suggestions?

Dave 
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 7:12 PM

Answers

• Dave,

Have you tried resetting the Console, this is done by selecting the Options menu, just below the password box on the opening screen. If this doesn't rester it then it sounds as though a server reboot might be required. FYI the Console application is populated by the server by a remote session, so it - the server - isn't sending any data.
    If that doesn't clear it, you may need to reinstall the Add-In. To do so with no working Console, you will need to RDP into the server, then copy the appropriate one from the Shared Folders - Software -AddIns folder to the server desktop. Once there, you will need to 'right-click' on the file, then prom the Properties page, click 'Unblock'. After that, you will be able to just run the installer.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 7:46 PM