Unable to sign in to Live Mesh Desktop RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I try to sign in to Live Mesh Desktop using Internet Explorer, I am not able to, but instead see the following message.

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

• This site may be experiencing a problem
    • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

I also get message when I try to access the site using Firefox.  I am able to access other Live sites.  I may have been seeing this message for many days.

Roger
    Monday, November 17, 2008 7:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Roger,

Please try deleting your browsers' cookies and signing into the site again.  We have a fix for this problem in our next release, but in the meantime deleting your cookies should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 8:05 PM
  • That worked.  Thanks.  I hope you can fix it quickly, as I like my cookies.

Roger
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:16 PM
  • I have found that deleting just the "live" related cookies can help as well, although slightly harder (you need to dig through your list) it can be slightly less painful if you rely on cookies to remember details around the web etc...
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:53 AM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

We have a fix for this problem in our next release, but in the meantime deleting your cookies should resolve the issue.

Hi, Ben,

I experience the same problem (in Firefox only). When will the "next release" you mentioned in November become the current one? I'm not fond of constantly deleting my valuable cookies, nor wish to search for the bad one by try&error (deleting all "*live.com" did not help).

TIA,
    H.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:47 AM
  • There has been a service update and a client update since this thread was last touched. If you are still seeing this problem, then I recommend that you file a bug:

Please see this post for instructions on how to collect logs and submit a bug on Connect:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e

Thanks,

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:41 PM