Backup Subscription/At Risk RRS feed

• Question

• It says I am at risk but I do not know why. It tells me to go the help center which honestly doesn't help me because I do not know why I am there. I want to use the backup feature but I can't. Does the backup feature subscription expire sooner than the entire subscription? My subscription does not expire till next January. It says it has expire so I am not sure what is going on. I'm assuming thats why it says my computer is at risk because I had not backed up before but now I can't.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:35 PM

Answers

• Since your OneCare subscription "thinks" it has expired, you can't do a backup. You need to address the false expiration problem.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:28 AM

All replies

• Since your OneCare subscription "thinks" it has expired, you can't do a backup. You need to address the false expiration problem.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:28 AM
  • I have a false "Expiration" for One Care, my computer's clock was wrong for some reason, but I set it to the correct date and time but i'm still getting the "Subscription has Expired" message.  My subscription shouldn't expire until Jul 2009.  What do i need to do to fix it?  I can't seem to get a live chat with the One Care Team.

John

Saturday, November 29, 2008 12:06 AM
  • If you have not rebooted after changing the date and time, do that first. Otherwise, see the previous reply for how to verify your subscription status and how to contact support if needed.

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:16 PM