Creating a Case Record from an External Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi please i want to create a case record in CRM from the Contents of an email sent from external email addresses. i want the case description to be populated with the message from the email body.The challenge i get is that the decription box cannot parse and format the message body and the text appears with html tags and other jargons. is there a way i could work around this without having to write a custom workflow to parse this text?

System integrator

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

sorry for that, you can find it here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid there is no OOB functionality to accomplish this. Take a look at this too.

You will probably have to develop your own custom code to strip the text out of the HTML email. There is an example for this here (it's in VB but it should be easy enough to convert to C#).

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:25 AM
  • hi Pavlos

The link you gave me for the VB code example  does not have the code file there

System integrator

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

sorry for that, you can find it here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:54 AM