none
Computer switches on when in sleep mode

Question

• My machine switches on overnight when in sleep mode. It appears to connect with my infinity broadband and incurs additional usage charges. I have spoken to BT who advised me to turn off automatic updates. I have done this but find the computer on again in the morning.

My usage is about 6 e mails a day outgoing and 10 incoming plus browsing e bay every couple of days for 30 minutes or so. This has only happened after installing Windows 10.

Has anyone got any ideas? My usage has gone from 8 MB to nearly 30MB with no difference in usage.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 23, 2015 9:50 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:49 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:50 PM