"Invalid column name 'scope_restore_count'." RRS feed

• Question

• In upgrading from MSF 2.0 CTP to RTW, I am seeing the following exception when running some regression tests that execute Synchronize on an instance of SyncOrchestrator: "Invalid column name 'scope_restore_count'."

Both local and remote providers are using the SqlSyncProvider.

I don't see any references to 'scope_restore_count' or table schema changes to scope_info in any of the release notes, yet the following query is being executed:

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT [scope_id], [scope_local_id], [scope_sync_knowledge], [scope_tombstone_cleanup_knowledge], [scope_timestamp], [scope_config_id], [scope_restore_count] FROM [scope_info] WHERE [scope_name] = @sync_scope_name',N'@sync_scope_name nvarchar(100)',@sync_scope_name=N'Scope104'

Since this is a breaking change for us, can you please explain what the field is used for?

Thank you.

Rick MVP, Connected Systems Developer
    • Moved by Mahesh DudgikarMicrosoft employee Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:22 AM (From:SyncFx - General)
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:14 AM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:57 AM

Answers

• Rick-

This column is needed for the backup/restore process to keep track of how many times a particular scope has undergone the post-restore metadata fixup.  It also affects how versions are determined in the _selectchanges and _selectrow procs.  If you are using the backup/restore recovery feature, these changes will be needed.  I would suggest using the provisioning API to script out the new procs and table creations and alter your existing objects accordingly. 

Hope that helps,
    Phil
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:13 PM