none
Odd issue RRS feed

• Question

• First, I am new to the forum and Microsoft Answers, so if I'm doing this wrong, please forgive my ignorance. I hardly post on the forums at all, and probably won't after this, because of paranoia. The reason I posted in the first place was because I was experiencing what I thought was an issue with Google new tabs, only to find that IE has retired the feature. I am now using the latest version of Mozilla so I can continue to use this feature. I signed in using my Windows Live ID, posted a reply to a thread created by a user with a similar problem, then signed out again. I logged back in today to check the thread because I received notifications that there had been replies, but my post and others were not showing. I reloaded the page several times, but nothing happened. I signed out and reloaded the page, and a different user name appeared at the top. I then signed in again, and things seem to be working fine. It appears that  nothing was hacked. Everything looks like it should. nothing is missing or appears to have been changed in any way. I am the only person who uses my computer on a regular basis. I realize I am most likely overreacting, but I felt the need to report this and wasn't sure where else to do so. Thank you for your time and consideration.

This second is probably an error on my part. When I go to the thread I replied to, and navigate My Profile the recent activity shows that I've replied, but it doesn't appear in the thread. In addition, if I click on the My Threads link from that question, it shows a thread that I've viewed. When I navigate from the Bug forum to My Profile or My Threads It shows that I've posted this topic. but it doesn't show the other activity. The My Threads link also shows this topic as well as one other. I was just wondering if these discrepancies could be because they are in different areas, or because of some other issue. I apologize if any of this is due to an error on my part. Thanks again for your patience. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

• Edited by darkangel84 Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:18 AM Additional concerns
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:43 AM

Answers

• I logged back in today to check the thread because I received notifications that there had been replies, but my post and others were not showing.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/ 90aff4ab-7b94-486d-9e18-f20b98b99a94#3d738978-4f7f-40d3-810a-12dd7d27c308

You're probably seeing the consequences of moderator meddling. E.g. your Profile says you posted in a thread called

"new Tab page had most-visited websites ... how do I get it back?!"

But that link I found for you (by searching for your posts) says it was found in "Internet new tab shows "What do you want to do next?" instead of my most visited websites"

So let's try to find out what happened... Well, you can see scrolling through it that there have been a multitude of merges some documented and some not. Yours was not documented and your post contained no quoted material which could be used to relate it to anything else unless you remember who you were replying to, so you'll just have to guess at how the merge was done in your case.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:26 PM

All replies

• I logged back in today to check the thread because I received notifications that there had been replies, but my post and others were not showing.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/ 90aff4ab-7b94-486d-9e18-f20b98b99a94#3d738978-4f7f-40d3-810a-12dd7d27c308

You're probably seeing the consequences of moderator meddling. E.g. your Profile says you posted in a thread called

"new Tab page had most-visited websites ... how do I get it back?!"

But that link I found for you (by searching for your posts) says it was found in "Internet new tab shows "What do you want to do next?" instead of my most visited websites"

So let's try to find out what happened... Well, you can see scrolling through it that there have been a multitude of merges some documented and some not. Yours was not documented and your post contained no quoted material which could be used to relate it to anything else unless you remember who you were replying to, so you'll just have to guess at how the merge was done in your case.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Found my reply in the merged thread. Thanks for letting me know that merging was going on.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 11:37 AM