Live One Update still remembers my old email address RRS feed

• Question

• Live One just updated and asked me to long in with my old email address which was used to install.

Unfortunately, I changed the longin email address and thus I was not able to login to Live One updated version.

The user email address is not editable but read only mode!

Please make sure that user login email address may change and the dialog box should be editable for not just

the password but the user email address also.   Don't pretend to be smart.  

Please tell me how to log to the new updated LiveOne features.

I'm using the new login email address and new password to get in to this page !

Thank you.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:07 AM

Answers

• You must use the Live ID used to activate your subscription. If you delete your cookies and temporary internet files the Live ID and password fields should be blank.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 3:50 PM

All replies

• You must use the Live ID used to activate your subscription. If you delete your cookies and temporary internet files the Live ID and password fields should be blank.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 3:50 PM
  • I'm very confused about what you mean by "LiveID".  In order to get into this forum, I'm asked to
    provide my email address and my password.   I changed both email addresss and password.

When I click the Windows Live OneCare->Help->About->"Subscription ID", which still has my old
    email address and which seems to be used for the dialog box I got.   The dialog requires me to
    type in password.  Thus, I assume that email address and password are my LiveID.  

Anyway, which version should I be running now?   Help->About says Version 2.0.2500.12.
    Virus and spyware 1.23.4418.0 and Firewall Policy v.1.2.30.105.

Thank you.
    Monday, December 3, 2007 6:12 AM
  • The subscription ID is your LiveID - http://account.live.com

You can have multiple LiveIDs, but the one you created your OneCare subscription with is tied to your Billing account and is used to activate OneCare after a reinstall or when installing to the 2nd and 3rd PCs for your subscription.

You are running the latest available version of OneCare.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:12 PM
  • The problem is that I "updated" my LiveID and thus the old ID is gone.   Thus there is a mismatch of my subscriptionID and LiveID.  :-(................................................................

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:49 AM
  • I am in the same situation.  I installed OneCare last January. Since then my Live ID has changed and the old Live ID no longer exists. So I am unable to login to Windows Live because it wants to use my old ID. This means I am unable to use the new features of OneCare.

Help please!!!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:22 AM
  • If you installed OneCare in January with LiveID "A" I would still expect that you can sign in with that LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com as LiveIDs can't be canceled (to the best of my knowledge) until all paid services associated with them are canceled.

From  Live Help for LiveID "What happens when I close my account?"

Close your account

When you close your account you permanently delete your registered information and credentials, as well as your Messenger contact list and Windows Live contacts. You'll be unable to sign in to any Windows Live sites or services.

To close your Windows Live account:
    1. Go to the Account Summary page.
    2. On the navigation bar, click Settings.
    3. Under Common tasks, click Close your account.
    4. Verify that the correct Windows Live ID user name appears, type your password, and then click Yes.
    Important
    • If you manage a child's account, the child's account permissions will be revoked if you close your account.
    • If the account you close is associated with any Account Summary page.
    • On the navigation bar, click Settings.
    • Under Common tasks, click Close your account.
    • Verify that the correct Windows Live ID user name appears, type your password, and then click Yes.
      Important
      • If you manage a child's account, the child's account permissions will be revoked if you close your account.
      • If the account you close is associated with any premium services or with a Windows Live Mail inbox, you must cancel the subscription to each service or close your Windows Live Mail account before you close your Windows Live ID account.
      • Some of your information will not be deleted. To learn more about this see Microsoft Online Privacy Notice Highlights.

You can often change a LiveID for a service (I don't believe that is possible for OneCare, though), but if you simply migrate your Hotmail account, assuming this is your LiveID or get a new email address from your ISP, you still have the old LiveID.

In any event, contact support to get this resolved. You'll need to select the option for a trial or beta user in the flow to start an email case.

Microsoft Online Privacy Notice Highlights.

You can often change a LiveID for a service (I don't believe that is possible for OneCare, though), but if you simply migrate your Hotmail account, assuming this is your LiveID or get a new email address from your ISP, you still have the old LiveID.

In any event, contact support to get this resolved. You'll need to select the option for a trial or beta user in the flow to start an email case.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:32 PM