Sync ecosystem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is Sync ecosystem just a logical thing? Or can i build sync ecosystem upon inviting other full participants on the ecosystem. This way ecosystem will take care of identifying participants on ecosystem and then synchronizes data between them automatically. Kind of similar concept like that of Groove, where Groove workspace could be analogous to sync ecosystem.

Thanks

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:21 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Aman,

Based on what you have stated in your post, yes I do believe the Microsoft Sync Framework would allow you to support a sync ecosystem in the manner you are looking to implement. 

In the Sync Framework, each participant stores the item change metadata (knowledge) that it has made as well as the knowledge received from any of the other participants it has communicated with (and also the changes those participants have communicated with, and so on and so on). 

So as new full participants are added to the sync ecosystem any existing full participant it communicates with can send the knowledge it has gained to this new participant.  After this new participant has received the new items it can in turn communicate this knowledge with others new participants as they are added to the system.

I hope that helps to answer your question.

Liam

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:51 PM