Open aspx page on subgrid record click. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to open custom aspx page on subgrid record selection? Generally if user double click on sub-grid record , it opens a CRM form for that respective entity record. As per our requirement we want to open a custom aspx page on record click of subgrid. Also I need to send one of the column value of the selected row to that custom aspx page.

Thanks!

Vinayak Chavan

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

My suggestion will be create a custom grid view html/silverlight and then you can implement your requirement easily and in supported manner.

In subgrid, there is no supported way to get selected id, but you can follow this trick, but not sure how you can disable functionality to open record but surely that won't be supported as well, so creating a custom webresource will be a good option.

HTH

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by VinayakChavan Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:57 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

My suggestion will be create a custom grid view html/silverlight and then you can implement your requirement easily and in supported manner.

In subgrid, there is no supported way to get selected id, but you can follow this trick, but not sure how you can disable functionality to open record but surely that won't be supported as well, so creating a custom webresource will be a good option.

HTH

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by VinayakChavan Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:57 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

Custom grid would be much more helpful in your scenario. You can write .net code and can implement it according to yor requirement.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:06 AM