R RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• You cannot access a file that is not stored on the remote system.  You cannot access network files.  Copy all files to the remote system before executing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monday, November 18, 2013 8:49 PM

• Marked as answer by Josmanper Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:40 PM
    • Edited by Josmanper Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:41 AM
  • That cannot be the name of a file.

Try this:
    c:\Program_Files\HP\HP_BTO_Software\bin\OPC\opc_inst.vbs

Check to be sure that file is in that path exactly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:32 PM
  • This is another case where you are making a mistake because you do not understand the fundamentals.  It is in many ways the same mistake you are making in your other current thread.

You are also unable to understand the answer given do to your lack of fundamental Windows knowledge and it is impossible for us to see this because of how you ask your questions.

This command:
    Psexec.exe %I\c$\Windows\System32\cmd.exe 

sends  the expanded command string to the remote system.  It refers to a remote admin share.  Windows does not allow this.  To run the remote file you must refer to the remote file location as indicated in my original answer.  Again careful reading of the utility instructions and examples would have made this clear and would have helped you to understand the answer.

The command format is:

PSEXEC [switches] <remote system> <remote command> <remote command arguments>

PSEXEC \\%%i "c:\Program_Files\HP\HP_BTO_Software\bin\OPC\opc_inst.vbs "

This would be closer to giving you a good result but still needs "cscript"

You have just added the remote server to the remote filename as if you were executing it on a share.  You need to try and understand the documentation on how to use PsExec.  Once you understand how the commandworks you will see how to use it in a batch.  Test the commend at a command prompt would have helped you to sort it out.

You marked yourself as an answer with yet another wrong reasoning.  You do not need CMD to execute a remote script.  You need to use CSCRIPT but that is not the initial problem.  The initial issue is what I outlined above.

If you were more patient perhaps someone would try harder to help you.  Try asking for clarification without insisting that you already know everything and telling others they are not understanding you.  We know we are not able to understand your question.  By reading the help carefully it is hoped you will ask a better question that we can understand.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:33 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:31 PM
  • also note that one of the reasons we could not understand what you were doing is because you posted that you could current run PSEXEC and execute CMD remotely then run the script.  This is not possible.  It does not do what you are claiming it does.  You cannot run PSEXEC interactively.  By reading the documentation andbuy understanding Windows technology you would have known this.

There is no substitute for knowing your technology.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:37 PM
  • You're right, I don't understand the fundamentals, which is why I come to the forum and ask questions.

Get off your mighty horse, not everyone has years of experience.  Patience? this post was started back in November. No "useful" answer was forthcoming, so the only way I know to stop from getting any more notifications is to pick an answer. Why should I give you the answer credit? you didn't help, all you do is criticize my questions.

Don't worry, you won't hear from me anymore, I've learned my lesson. Only those who already knows gets help (which seems like a stupid way to help people), and the ones that don't, stay in the dark.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Yes and you can read but you don't. I am only try9ing to coax you to do a little learning instead of getting mad when people who are trying to be helpful cannot quite understand what you are asking.

Instead of throwing a fit try to refine your question.  Ask a new question without trying to assume that you know the technology.  By paing close attention to the responses you will learn where your weaknesses are and know what you have to study to get to be a tech.

Suggesting that you read the help is a first step.  All techs that are experiences start with the help.  You are starting with guesswork and demanding a solution.  That won't work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:37 PM