Unable to remove password RRS feed

• Question

• How can I remove the password in Money Plus Home & Business. It keeps asking me to input my old password and then tells me it is incorrect. Any suggestions, please help. Thank you!
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• Is this a Live ID password, - i.e. is it associated with an email address?  If so, you can remove it from your Money file with these steps:

- disconnect from the internet - turn off your wireless connection or unplug your network cable

- open Money with "I want to work offline"

- use File>Password Manager to remove your Live ID password

Note that you need to use the password that was in effect the last time you successfully opened your Money file.

You can then set up a local Money password if you want to continue to use a password. If you do set up a local password, be sure that you record it and keep copies in a more than one safe place.  You will not get into your Money file without it.

Let us know if this works for you or if you need further help.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:53 PM
  • Hi I have just tried to do this as I don't require the online login but don't want to have to click on the off line box.

It appeared to work when I clicked on remove password with the computer not connected to the internet but when I logged on to Money again it still wanted my on line password.

BP2

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:31 AM
  • Bridgeplayer2,

This thread was started by sylcarr almost 4 years ago.  I suspect that your issue may be different.  Please let us know what version of Money you are using and we will see if we can help.

Cal,

Maybe this should be a new thread?  Is the password removal process different for different versions of Money?

Bill Becker

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:38 PM
  • With Money 2005, there is no way to remove a LiveID/Passport/MicrosoftID, other than QIF export+import, and that loses info.

With Money Plus, you, like sylcarr, can remove that readibly, and either have no password or a conventional password.

If Bridgeplayer2 is using Money 2005, that contract is not makeable.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:37 PM