Know about spectrum analyser or Storage Oscilloscope RRS feed

• Question

• Do any of u know about the spectrum analyser or storage oscilloscope software
    Where can it get it
    I cant get that in my college.
    Please consult ur college lab assistants about this.
    I u get that software please send it to
      mathavan.r@gmail.com
    I am doing my project in that
    Please help me in this
    Thank u
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:25 PM

All replies

• A spectrum analyzer is a device used to examine the spectral composition of some electrical, acoustic, or optical waveform.

Often, it measures the power spectrum.

There are analog and digital spectrum analyzers:

• An analog spectrum analyzer uses either a variable bandpass filter whose mid-frequency is automatically tuned (shifted, swept) through the range of frequencies of which the spectrum is to be measured or a superheterodyne receiver where the local oscillator is swept through a range of frequencies.
    • A digital spectrum analyzer computes the Fast Fourier transform (FFT), a mathematical process that transforms a waveform into the components of its frequency spectrum.

Some spectrum analyzers (such as Tektronix's family of "real-time spectrum analyzers") use a hybrid technique where the incoming signal is first down-converted to a lower frequency using superheterodyne techniques and then analyzed using FFT techniques.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Do u have any interface software (device to pc)  in spectrum analyser or Oscilloscope
    If yes please send those softwares to mathavan.r@gmail.com
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:14 AM