'Ring All' Support with OCS + Asterisk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.

I have finally got OCS to be able to dial outbound to extensions and local area code numbers. (OpenSER + OCS Med server cocktail)

Has anyone been able to do these two things;

- Some of my OCS Communicator users still want to use their desktop phones / don't have microphones. Is it possible to have communicator when a number is dialed it gets sent their SIP phone? Like a TAPI enabled Outlook?

- Incoming calls ring both communicator and users SIP phone? User can choose which to pick up?

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

•  
    Hi,

I do not know of a solution for the first item, but the second can be done within the Asterisk dialplan using the DIAL command - to quote from Asterisk Wiki -

Dial - "Attempts to "dial out" on all the specified channels (each specified by a type and identifier) simultaneously. The first channel that answers "wins", and all the other outgoing channels are hung up. The originating channel that triggered this Dial command is then Answered, if necessary, and the two channels are connected together ("bridged") allowing a conversation to take place between them. When the channel that triggered the Dial command hangs up, the Dial command exits."

Asterisk wiki - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Regards

Paul Adams

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:28 PM