RC WHS2011 Download from Microsoft Connect issues running setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the install image, EN-US_WHS_PREM_InstallDVD, from the RC Connect Site.

Issue I am having is that setup won't run.  Has anyone else run into this issue???

I dowloaded the ISO again in case there was issue, but there is not difference.  Double Clicking Setup file does nothing.

Any help?  evaluation time is running out and need to know how to install WHS2011.

Thanks!

• Edited by NHRaider Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:35 PM

Answers

• EN-US_WMS_PREM_EVAL_InstallDVD.iso

This is the wrong place for Windows Multipoint Server support. Try here.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• I dowloaded the ISO again in case there was issue, but there is not difference.  Double Clicking Setup file does nothing.

Any help?  evaluation time is running out and need to know how to install WHS2011.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Having the same problem. RC Install downloaded fine, but it just won't run. The automatic troubleshooter reports an 'incompatible application'. This is interesting because I'm running the most recent beta just fine.

Steve G.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:31 AM
  • I am having problems downloading the EN-US_WMS_PREM_EVAL_InstallDVD.iso as well. The download does not complete. It is supposed to be 3.2+Gb but it fails at any given point between a few K and a few Gig.. I have a help ticket into to Microsoft, but they have not fixed it in 2 weeks. 

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:19 PM
  • If you are trying to download the Release Candidate, don't bother as it expired some time ago. There is no trial download of WHS2011 available.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:09 PM
  • EN-US_WMS_PREM_EVAL_InstallDVD.iso

This is the wrong place for Windows Multipoint Server support. Try here.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:20 PM