Using WHS_RECOVERY_DLL.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to implement a WHS Recovery app and it would appear that the OPK documentation has left out at least one critical step.  I have used LoadLibrary to load the dll and all is well to this point.  According to the OPK, after disabling my firewall I should be able to call DiscoverServers to obtain a list of waiting servers.  However, when I make this call, no network traffic is generated and the dll returns immediately with a server count of 0.  I know that the actual dll is functional as when used with WHS_IMAGE.exe it locates my server just fine.

Can anyone help with what initialization step is performed in WHS_IMAGE.exe that was not documented in the OPK documentation?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:18 PM

Answers

•  Did you make sure to initialize Winsock with WSAStartup() as called for by the OPK documentation?
    Windows Home Server Developer Tips: http://ihatelinux.blogspot.com/search/label/WHS Dev Tips
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Rod

I got exactly the same issue

Using WHS_recovery.exe is working but my code not

I have ask Microsoft about that, so I let you know.

Cheers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:32 PM
  • I hate to just say me too. But Me Too.

If anyone has anything to add or made any discoveries. Please share.

Thanks
    b
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:39 PM
  •  Did you make sure to initialize Winsock with WSAStartup() as called for by the OPK documentation?
    Windows Home Server Developer Tips: http://ihatelinux.blogspot.com/search/label/WHS Dev Tips
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:42 PM
  • This is the missing piece of information.

I would have tried this to begin with had this information been in my OPK doc.

Thanks! It's all falling into place now.

B
    Saturday, September 6, 2008 3:54 PM
  • WSAStartup() isn't in the version of the OPK document you have? I may just have to take a look at the old version on Monday.

I know for fact that it is in the updated doc that will be part of the Power Pack 1 System Builder SKU... just as soon as that hits etailer shelves.
    If you have any other questions/problems with trying to use the recovery dll... feel free to ask here. While I didn't write the thing I have spent some time working with it.

Now an enthusiast on the inside
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 9:05 PM