MS CRM 2013 PlugIn registration tool :- Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I am getting the below exception while connecting to the MS CRM 2013 Discovery Service through the plug-in registration tool.

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnectControl.CrmServerLoginControl.StartConnectCheck() at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args) at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick() at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised) at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args) at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea() at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame) at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox) at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.MainViewModel.CreateConnections().

It would be great if anyone can help on this.

Thanks

Srikanth

Monday, September 26, 2016 3:24 PM

All replies

• seems to be connection error or something missing with connection. Can you share the screenshot for the connection

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:38 AM
  • https://github.com/MscrmTools/XrmToolBox/issues/299 this could be another helpfull link.

You can try with latest SDK too

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:45 AM
  • Hi Hari,

Thanks for your quick response, I have .Net framework 4.5 installed in my local machine and it includes windows Identity, even though I am unable to connect and getting the above exception, earlier I was able to connect but when we upgraded from MS CRM 2011 to 2013 facing this problem.

Thanks

Srikanth  

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Are you using SDK for 2013?? Because as of 2016 the SDK has changed a lot and may not be working with CRM 2013.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:51 PM
  • I am using 2013 SDK and even I am unable to connect with 2016 sdk. please help me on this.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:25 PM
  • it continues.

Very Unhappy,

There's a big community that can help with Windows issues:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:33 PM
  • i would require a screenshot of the connection & Also are you able to browse the discovery service from browser url?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:09 AM
  • Yes I am able to access the Discovery service of the CRM and I also tried connecting to CRM using the earlier version (2011)of Plugin Registration in my local machine and it's connecting. I am running the Plugin Registration (2013) inside server and it's successfully connecting. I have tried with 2013, 2015, 2016 with online and on premise from my local machine but getting the below exception you can find the below screenshot

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:52 AM
  • Is your Organization a CRM India org?? I mean crm8??

Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:40 AM
  • Earlier I was able to connect with the same configuration, even though I am unable to connect with on-premise.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:59 AM