MicroSoft Myphone Restore Hell!

• Ok so I am feeling highly vexed.  I have backed up my data (contacts, calender, notes, contacts) to what I thought would be a good place to save them, Microsoft Myphone.  Recently damaged my phone HD2 phone and it needed repair. 

So now is back like brand new so I have been trying to get back my data for the past week.  Recently been receiving emails from Microsot to say download my stuff before it's lost for good from MyPhone. 

Now have have been jumping between Myphone and SkyDrive trying to work out how on earth do I get my information back on my phone.  I seem to have finally managed to locate my things but when I download them to my pc (why on earth do I need to do this instead of just being able to pick up from my phone, I don't understand) what do I do them.  Do I just copy the files using my  usb cable and store on my phone.  But how do I get the calender file onto the calender on my phone? Will it overwrite what I already have? etc

Why have you made this experiance such a nightmare?  The should just be a simple app that allow me to download my files onto the phone.  What all this download to the pc, then copy to phone business.  What happened to doing things over the cloud. 

Anyway got so fustrated that I went and got a new phone, Android, which seems to upload and download my contact information with a breeze.  Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Microsoft and hope to get a new Mango phone when this contract is done but if I have to go through this hell then you will have convinced me to stay with Droid phone.

So how do I get back the informaton onto my Winodow phone?  Help

Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• I cannot get the myphone files to download to my pc using explorer 9 which is the only way you are supposed to be able to download them.  When I left click, the "Save" menu option is not there so I cannot download it.  Can anybody help me?
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:34 PM