none
Forum be the same? RRS feed

All replies

• yup.
    why not?
    forums are a way of learning.
    & a person leaens throughout his/her life.
    so i think yes.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Man forums were there even before the contest started. What MS wanted through this contact is , they wanted us to interact with each others, and share ideas and gain knowledge. and MS thought that the forums would be the best place. Also i think MS had another motive in their mind for adding the forums in this contest, before the contest started, there were hardly few members, and few threads, but after starting this contest, the number of posts and thread has increased tremendously. I think MS wanted us to do that and make this samvaad and also the forums much more popular than it was eariler.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:36 PM
  • Yes m8, we can keep the forums lively with our active participation.. The total number of posts under Samvaad is now greater than 26k... (I remember reading a post which said that only few 100 posts were at the begining of the competition)
    Monday, June 18, 2007 9:10 AM
  • Yeah, why can't the forum remain the same, since it is our interactions that make this forum what it is and give it a general direction. If Microsoft decides to keep it active, and we don't change and keep posting, the forum, shall continue forever.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 9:37 AM
  • I remember when i once visited samvaad, there were hardly 6 posts totaling from all the bulettin/sections. At that time there was hardly few members. So i thought that its not good to join . Then after few months, i came to know about the rockstar contest, and since then the number of posts, members, and content has increased rapidly. May be Microsoft had a good aim in mind to bring members to this forum and also make it a popular place.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 3:42 PM
  • Well the question remains the same...
    "Can Forums be same???"

Well the most obvious and practicle answer is "NO"
    no matter how much we say yes yes yes, its not going to change... There was a big back to us in the form of the competition to motivate us.. without which most of us are not going to be active here as there are lots of other things on our hand.. Forums do eat up atleast 1 hr of your day and that is a big amount of time..

We all have many other things to work on, both on the personal front and on the professional front.. so the forums will move down on the priority list of our activiites.. But we might still correspond to each other here, but not as before...

I think the best would be to have another contest to involve the forums in it..
    Monday, June 18, 2007 4:27 PM
  • I agree with you Varun about the forums priority. As it was a contest, we used to spend more time on it. But as the contest is over now, the priority has really decreased, but we surely cannot ignore it Smile I am so much used to it now, i cannot spend a day without logging in the forums.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 4:39 PM
  • Yes Harshil, the effect of that can already be seen. The attendance and replies at the forums has dropped drastically. It was and always shall be in OUR hands to keep the forum as it was.

Let us all keep the same spirit that we had maintained in the past few months....

"What Say You...Fellow Rockstars??"
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:52 AM
  • I will continue but not at same pace because of exams and all, but after exams i will give more time....
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:57 AM
  • The attendance and replies at the forums has dropped drastically. It was and always shall be in OUR hands to keep the forum as it was.

that's right but my attendance in forums has not dropped, not even a single day absent.

well, if some1 will have problem, i'm sure he will post his question here.
    & these forums will be live forever, i guess.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:09 AM
  • Yes m8, this forum shall live forever, and so shall the fellowship of the forums Wink

I hope all of the fellow members are with me, and continue the same as they were during the time of the contest, if not at that pace, at least few posts everyday will keep this forums a healthy place Smile
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:34 PM