New to windows live one care RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed this on my computer and before I installed it my computer was moving slow.I cleared cookies and deleated the programs that I don't use.The first couple of days my computer worked fine.Then I tried to download Real player on my computer,one care asked me if it was ok to let it download.I clicked yes,but now every couple minutes it pops up and askes me if its ok.I keep clicking yes but still same thing pops up.It will give me the option to retry to download but when i click it,it just keeps popping up with same question.Now that is annoying but not near as bad as ever since downloading this program my computer keeps locking up.I didn't have this problem before I installed this,my computer was just moving slow.Now if I'm in the middle of something,everything has to be re done.I 've been online for about an hour now and its locked up 5 times already.I'm very mad that there is no support number and it seems this is the only place to get any help.I don't know if there are reps on here but if this problem isn't fixed I'll just dispute the charge with my credit card company.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:25 PM

Answers

• As I read your post, I see that your computer was slow, but once you took a few steps to improve performance and installed OneCare, all was well for a few days.

You then state that your problems began with the installation of Real Player. OneCare would have asked if you want to let the installer have access to the Internet. It would not ask for you to allow the download. I can't speak to why you are getting repeated popups, but it sure sounds like Real Player is the cause of your problem in that it sounds like it didn't install properly.

If you believe that your problem was called by OneCare, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:44 PM

All replies

• As I read your post, I see that your computer was slow, but once you took a few steps to improve performance and installed OneCare, all was well for a few days.

You then state that your problems began with the installation of Real Player. OneCare would have asked if you want to let the installer have access to the Internet. It would not ask for you to allow the download. I can't speak to why you are getting repeated popups, but it sure sounds like Real Player is the cause of your problem in that it sounds like it didn't install properly.

If you believe that your problem was called by OneCare, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:44 PM

• The problem with Real Player has been fixed,but my computer has still been locking up.Every time this has happened I've had to turn the power off then back on.After that it will take around 5 minutes until I access the internet.This problem began after I installed this program on my computer.If I could get any help on how to resolve this,it would be great.Is there a support phone number I can call?
    Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:16 PM
  • OneCare support options can be found by following the instructions in the FAQ.

-steve
    Monday, April 21, 2008 2:53 PM

• Ok I went to that link and it told me my browser doesn't support it but I've recently installed Internet Explorer 7 on my computer.It said I need to upgrade,which I had already done before even buying Live one care.I had Panda before and none of these problems EVER occured.Since theres NO PHONE NUMBER to call and I can't contact support because for some reason Internet Explorer 7 isn't working,I need some kind of help and if you can't help I WILL REMOVE THIS PROGRAM AND GET MY MONEY BACK FOR A USELESS sERVICE.I've paid 49.99 for something that has been more trouble than help.Before my computer was slow and I could still use it,I then removed a lot of unused programs and cleared cookies.IT BEGAN TO RUN NORMALLY AGAIN.Then I installed this program and now my computer keeps locking up.This still is happening appx 4-5 times an hour.Now I'm convinced its this program as I never had a problem before with my computer locking up.

Why would Windows XP send a pop up on my screen that tells me my computer may have a virus and then ask me if I would like to download their anti-virus software? That REALLY MAKES ME MAD,especially when its the same company telling me the other version isn't working.Do they really think I'm going to pay them again?

Thanks for your help but I don't have the time to keep worrying about a anti-virus program on my computer.I've paid Microsoft for this service but I don't think they have done a damn thing.Give me a reason to not dispute this charge with my credit card company.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:50 PM
  • Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste a link to the post to which you are replying. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:13 PM

• I'm in the US,I don't see why I would need to email you when all the info you said you needed is right here.Like I said I don't have time for this and it shouldn't be that hard to get "hooked up with support".Just tell me what I need to do,this is rediculious.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 5:44 PM
  • stlby, I do not work for Microsoft and am a volunteer moderator here in the forums. I made an offer to make it easier to reach support. I dislike the support path I describe in the FAQ at the top of this topic folder, but I cannot post the support phone number here and if posted by someone else, it will be deleted.

I don't have access to any of your information and cannot contact you directly.

-steve

Monday, April 28, 2008 6:33 PM