Change the Domain name and restore the CRM DB gives an error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We changed the domain name into new one, then we installed the CRM 4.0 and restored the DB. But while trying to access the application, it gives this error:

No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID

Thanks in advanced.
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 12:05 PM

Answers

• As the domain name has changed, CRM can't amp you user to a CRM account. The way resolve this is to restore the database to a different database name, then use Import Organization in the Deployment Management tool. This will let you resolve the user accounts

Friday, October 24, 2008 5:20 PM

All replies

• As the domain name has changed, CRM can't amp you user to a CRM account. The way resolve this is to restore the database to a different database name, then use Import Organization in the Deployment Management tool. This will let you resolve the user accounts

Friday, October 24, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Thanks a lot, however, the CRM has multiple customizations. If I restored the DB, the customizations will restored back as well? or should I import them before restore the last DB?

Regards.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:52 PM
  • The customisations are stored within the database, so they will be restored when you restore the database

Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:17 PM
  • Thanks again David, I followed your first reply and it was very helpful. However, I faced other troubles while mapping the users. I searched for this problem, and I found the same problem on this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/dynamics/showpost.aspx?postid=3152316&siteid=27&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

However, all the suggested solutions were failed, except the last one. Hence, I do thank "Sundis".

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:13 AM