A few more "wishlist" adds RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting some pretty heavy usage of Synctoy 2.0 beta, but wouldn't mind seeing a little more functionality...

I realize some of these are a little unrealistic for a program that is "free" from Microsoft, but here they are. Smile

Scheduling - al la windows scheduler, but with the ability to set the options from inside synctoy. Having to remember the options to type into the commandline (i.e. synctoycmd.exe -R"My set") is annoying.

AutoStart Backups - The ability for synctoy to automatically run specific folder pair backups when it detects certain drive volumes. For example, I use a 16GB Expresscard SSD to shuttle files back and forth from work and home (similar to briefcase-like usage). I'd like to see Synctoy automatically run specified folder pair operations when it detects the insertion/mount of a specified volume/disk. (i.e. I insert USB stick with a volume name of "MyFiles1" and synctoy automagically runs the MyFiles1 folder set).

Problem notification - When errors like "Exception during run: A device attached to the system is not functioning. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007001F)" is received that it submits the error for review. This error is currently keeping me from getting all of my backups done in one place. It's rather cryptic, so I'm not sure what to do about it.

Scanning for changes - similar to an anti-virus scanner, it scans for changes and alerts you to which folder pairs should be run.
    Friday, May 2, 2008 6:09 PM