Still not geniune RRS feed

• Question

• I recently posted about my windows not being genuine and eventually after phoning microsoft i was allocated a new product key and all was well. This week I have started to get the same message again that my copy of windows is not genuine. When the computer starts I get a message verifying it is genuine but then I am still getting a message bottom right telling me that it isn't even though I have just verified it online.  How can I stop this message from appearing?

Ideas:

• Programs you are having problems with
    • Error messages
    • Recent changes you made to your computer
    • What you have already tried to fix the problem
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:11 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Install, Upgrade, and Activate)
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:23 PM

Answers

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:18 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:18 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Issue assumed resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:19 PM
  • Sorry didn't respond. Upgraded to Windows 7 instead!
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:08 PM
  • I have the same problem. Did upgrading work OK?  I got this computer at Best Buy 2+ years ago and upgraded Home Premium about a year ago. Suddenly I get the validation message and an alert.  I am sure both copies were genuine and have validated them again today but the message continues. Unfortunately I am working in Angola for the next 2 weeks so the 10 days expires while I am here and unable to do much.  A long telephone call on hold waiting for help is a non starter.
    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:37 PM
  • It took me long time to upgrade to Windows 7. After 2 hours it told me it couldn't upgrade  so I had to start again after uninstalling some programmes. Same thing happened again and had to uninstall anti virus which hadn't been one of the ones it told me to uninstall the 1st time. After another 2 hours got the message it still couldn't install. Had to do a clean and complete install rather than an upgrade.  Then had problems installing anti virus and getting my home network to work.  All seems ok now after spending 3 frustrating days working on it. 
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:09 AM