Windows 2007 Vista Home - How do I download Virtual PC and XP Mode to run practice software RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running Windows 2007 Vista Home Premium 64 bit operating system

I need to download a practice program that only runs on Windows XP and 32 bit.Windows 2007 Vista Home

I was told there is a way to download from the Microsoft download center the Virtual PC XP Mode

from the Microsoft website and then install the NCARB practice software in XP Mode.

I was not able to find a download that would work on 2007 Vista.

Request - Can you give me detailed instructions on where to find the download and if it can be downloaded to my current operating system Vista?  where can I find this download? do I need to go to Windows 7?

Thank You,

DL

David Lopez
    Monday, May 9, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

• "David A Lopez and Associates LLC" wrote in message news:7a4bd296-f09f-4ac6-8293-384b9b1715a7...

I am currently running Windows 2007 Vista Home Premium 64 bit operating system

I need to download a practice program that only runs on Windows XP and 32 bit.Windows 2007 Vista Home

I was told there is a way to download from the Microsoft download center the Virtual PC XP Mode

from the Microsoft website and then install the NCARB practice software in XP Mode.

Request - Can you give me detailed instructions on where to find the download and if it can be downloaded to my current operating system Vista?  where can I find this download? do I need to go to Windows 7?

Thank You,

DL

David Lopez

XP Mode does not work in Vista - it's only available in Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate editions.

You can use Virtual PC 2007 to create a virtual XP installation, but you will need to purchase a license for it.

According to one post, the program will actually run in 64-bit anyhow....

If you need further assistance, you should post either in the NCARB forums, or in the Windows Vista Answers forums, rather than here - this forum is for problems with activation and validation of Windows Vista, not general software problems.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 9, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• "David A Lopez and Associates LLC" wrote in message news:7a4bd296-f09f-4ac6-8293-384b9b1715a7...

I am currently running Windows 2007 Vista Home Premium 64 bit operating system

Thank You,

DL

David Lopez

XP Mode does not work in Vista - it's only available in Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate editions.

You can use Virtual PC 2007 to create a virtual XP installation, but you will need to purchase a license for it.

According to one post, the program will actually run in 64-bit anyhow....

If you need further assistance, you should post either in the NCARB forums, or in the Windows Vista Answers forums, rather than here - this forum is for problems with activation and validation of Windows Vista, not general software problems.

--

Monday, May 9, 2011 7:40 PM
  • I have download the NCARB practice software on Windows Vista and it will only partially run.  The drawing package is working but you cannot toggle between sections or test like you would in the actual exam.  Does it make send to purchase Windows 7?  Would that be a downgrade?

David Lopez
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:27 PM
  • "David A Lopez and Associates LLC" wrote in message news:e4df910a-fa5b-4572-be52-7c4f00aa0df1...

I have download the NCARB practice software on Windows Vista and it will only partially run.  The drawing package is working but you cannot toggle between sections or test like you would in the actual exam.  Does it make send to purchase Windows 7?  Would that be a downgrade?

David Lopez

If you get Win 7 Pro it's an upgrade in more ways than one - it's a later more refined and more capable operating system, and will actually do what you want to do. To run XP Mode satisfactorily, your PC will need to have at least 4GB of RAM (although it will work in 3GB or even 2GB, it may be slow). Almost any computer that runs Vista happily will also run Win7 happily - but you should check for yourself using the Upgrade Advisor to make sure..... http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

--

Monday, May 9, 2011 8:35 PM