Homepage Down RRS feed

• Question

• My remote access is setup properly but I can't access my homepage.  On the dashboard my router is showing and there are no error messages - it just doesn't work.  

I've got two routers in my network.  One is from my provider and one my personal one for my home.  I've put the home router into the DMZ on my provider's modem.  I don't see why the dashboard says it is up and running but I can't access it.

Any ideas?

Kevin

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:14 PM

Answers

• I have a similar arrangement but implemented in a different way. My ISP's modem/router (Verizon FIOS) has Ports 80 & 443 forwarded to the IP address of my Home Router (Linksys Wireless AC) which in turn forwards them to my WHS2011 system. - that works without a problem. Outside your network, try pinging your xxx.homeserver.com address and see if the IP address given is the same IP as seen on your ISP Modem. If the two are the same, it's not a DNS issue but the way your Port Forwarding is being implemented.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:19 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 9:14 PM

All replies

• Are you saying you can't access it by Remote Access from the Interner? What happens when you try? Has your modem/router arrangement been changed?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, January 19, 2015 3:44 PM
  • When I type in https://xxxxxxx.homeserver.com it says page not found.  But when I check on the server in the remote access screens it is active.  I did recently change my router setup when I switched ISP.  Right now its like this:

Internet ----- ISP Router ----- Home Router ----- Server

I've added the home router to the DMZ of the ISP router.  Also, on the ISP router I've allowed remote access to the home router.

On the home router the settings are as before, with port forwarding as described on the microsoft WHS sites.

Kevin

Monday, January 19, 2015 4:29 PM
  • I have a similar arrangement but implemented in a different way. My ISP's modem/router (Verizon FIOS) has Ports 80 & 443 forwarded to the IP address of my Home Router (Linksys Wireless AC) which in turn forwards them to my WHS2011 system. - that works without a problem. Outside your network, try pinging your xxx.homeserver.com address and see if the IP address given is the same IP as seen on your ISP Modem. If the two are the same, it's not a DNS issue but the way your Port Forwarding is being implemented.

• Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:19 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 9:14 PM