pc back up RRS feed

• Question

• a couple months ago I realized my laptop was on the blitz so I opened my onecare and it prompted me to back up my pc to a remote service by the name of Iron Mountain.
    after the purchase of my new machine, It has been two months and I still and unable to find my backup files or any evidence of my backup files from onecare or iron mountain.
    Ive made several attempts to log in to find my backup settings to no avail. Unfortunately at that time I was under the impression that Iron mountain was a onecare default.
    • Moved by Whosane002 Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:19 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:17 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not do backup to any onlinse services, so I suggest contacting the PC manufacturer about any preinstalled offers on your PC that you may have used.
    Windows Live OneCare requires you to choose a backup location - external disk, CD/DVD, or network location - it does not just happen. If you configured and ran OneCare backup, you can see your settings in OneCare - change settings/backup tab.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:11 PM