none
Is it harassment for MVP's to call members here a [SNIP] ? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi All,

The harassment Issue raised by "thumbdown" with fissues is already under investigation.

It has been observed that there has been many instances in which "thumbdown's" statements brought down a discussion to an unpleasant argument.

Though, the other users involved did cross the line but in all of the cases if one could be blamed for dragging up the argument, it should be "thumbdown".

Observing his actions and owing to the requests/inputs from other contributors, he has been banned. His posts have not been deleted for further investigation.

Thank you.

Shakti Prasad Mishra

Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:12 AM

All replies

• I know you're not really asking my opinion here, but I'd certainly say that comment is uncalled for and should (at the very least) be removed.

I hate to suggest this again, but you should probably take this issue up with fissues directly if you want any official response. I've noticed that your other thread hasn't gained any traction with the MSFT folks.

PS - you may want to change this thread type to discussion.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:33 PM
  • No, it's not okay. Yes, you already reported it as abusive. That's what I would've done too. Plus Mike's suggestion is good for fissues to send a Moderator in there to do some editing.

Derosnec, please don't push IEC's buttons. When you accuse him of stuff like that, yeah, he's going to behave in a way he shouldn't. This doesn't excuse the behavior, but it would remove the behavior if we treated the root problem. Are you surprised that people act that way when you accuse them of things? Or are you trying to get them to cross the line?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, July 25, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Also for the discussion with MS CORPORATE.

Here is an off-topic pseudo-technical "confused" comment from IECustomizer MVP,
    appended just last week to a 4 month idle thread at MS-Connect.

Posted by IECustomizer on 7/15/2014 at 8:16 PM

you should and do see an Index error in the DT console; feature test for the selObj.rangeCount>0.
    var selObj=window.getSelection();
    if(selObj.rangeCount){range=selObj.getRangeAt(0);}

// dumbnuts! Thumbsdown
    ref: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Selection

Saturday, July 26, 2014 5:48 PM
  • Yes, you already reported it as abusive. That's what I would've done too. Plus Mike's suggestion is good for fissues to send a Moderator in there to do some editing.

Derosnec, please don't push IEC's buttons. When you accuse him of stuff like that, yeah, he's going to behave in a way he shouldn't.

I Humbly disagree Ed, No one is allowed to use Vulgar words in any situation on forum this would actually discourage newbies to come on forum and this is not what forum was created for . More over he could have just stopped responding if he found somebody finding fault. 

Thumdown.

Ed Price own the forum so if its has come to his knowledge he would have informed required person so you can calm down now. You already marked that as abusive and pointed here its good you should also mail to fissues as pointed out. Allow me to say that you should also learn etiquette to present you disagreements in polite way.

More over its simple saying the bigger the tree gets then more it bends . The more knowledge the person has more calm he is.  Knowledge makes you humble if it does not you are educated monster.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:17 PM
  • Perhaps. Although I suppose that depends on how much of a kcid your being in the thread. I've seen alot of kcid's come and go in forums. <REMOVED>

La vida loca

Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:47 PM
  • Hi All,

The harassment Issue raised by "thumbdown" with fissues is already under investigation.

It has been observed that there has been many instances in which "thumbdown's" statements brought down a discussion to an unpleasant argument.

Though, the other users involved did cross the line but in all of the cases if one could be blamed for dragging up the argument, it should be "thumbdown".

Observing his actions and owing to the requests/inputs from other contributors, he has been banned. His posts have not been deleted for further investigation.

Thank you.

Shakti Prasad Mishra

Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:12 AM
  • Oh. Now that I read that thread thumbdоwn it seems that all of your issues are with regard to Microsoft not doing things the way you want or something along those lines.

Kind of reminds me of the threads I see from coders who love VB6, I suppose cause they're too lazy to learn anything new, whining to MS to bring VB6 back.

You know if MS says to program using these methods for Win 8 OS and I don't use those methods if I program an app for Win 8 then I don't whine to MS to alter their Win 8 OS for me.

Is it that difficult to understand what IECustomizer wrote about the issues? Or is there some reason you can't cope with what IECustomizer wrote?

I don't know IECustomizer but I'm not a right hand man for MS and I would doubt IECustomizer is either. Although maybe IECustomizer is. So what? As long as IECustomizer is providing accurate information about issues I have no problem if IECustomizer is a right hand man of MS.

I would suppose that MS employees who provide information on threads are right hand people of MS. Yet they provide accurate info and some may have knowledge available that is difficult to come by. So what's the issue with right hand or left hand people?

<REMOVED SOME ILL WISHES>

BTW I hope banning you doesn't stop you from being able to read the threads in your own threads. Just so you can see my posts in this thread.

<REMOVED SOME ILL WISHES>

La vida loca

Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:35 AM
  • I know you're not really asking my opinion here, but I'd certainly say that comment is uncalled for and should (at the very least) be removed.

I hate to suggest this again, but you should probably take this issue up with fissues directly if you want any official response. I've noticed that your other thread hasn't gained any traction with the MSFT folks.

PS - you may want to change this thread type to discussion.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Hi Ed,

when are you going to ban thumbsdown... he has already been banned under several aliases ,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/M%D0%B0x%20Shillby

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/Dimitri%20Nickola%D1%95

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/curiously%20idle

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/fl%C3%A4t%D1%95%C9%99m

<REMOVED>

Its not just me... he has some metal affliction with MVP's and has pursued a tactic of stalking, naming and harassment. I am pretty sure that he seeds the forums with his own questions (using another alias), sufficiently vague (as many questions are), and lacking detail or markup source, so that he can offer a code example to gain extra points.

I have no intention of engaging with answers who have been in breach of the ToU.

I can understand that you have better things to do with your time than to chase down the numerous aliases he has set up.

I read the last thread...

Thx...

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Yes, you already reported it as abusive. That's what I would've done too. Plus Mike's suggestion is good for fissues to send a Moderator in there to do some editing.

Derosnec, please don't push IEC's buttons. When you accuse him of stuff like that, yeah, he's going to behave in a way he shouldn't.

========

I Humbly disagree Ed, No one is allowed to use Vulgar words in any situation on forum this would actually discourage newbies to come on forum and this is not what forum was created for . More over he could have just stopped responding if he found somebody finding fault. 

Thumdown.

Ed Price own the forum so if its has come to his knowledge he would have informed required person so you can calm down now. You already marked that as abusive and pointed here its good you should also mail to fissues as pointed out. Allow me to say that you should also learn etiquette to present you disagreements in polite way.

More over its simple saying the bigger the tree gets then more it bends . The more knowledge the person has more calm he is.  Knowledge makes you humble if it does not you are educated monster.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

You disagree with what? Oh, I led with "Yes". I think I was answering Mike, not the question from Thumbdown in the title. Right, that answer is No. I edited my reply to make that clearer.

I agree about escalating the issue. That's what Thumbdown did, and it was the right thing to do. I also flagged several posts from different people in those threads who continued button pushing.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Friday, August 1, 2014 10:13 PM
  • Thank you, Rob. We're removing name calling here. Please refrain from name calling.

Thumbdown, Max Shillby, and the rest, are Derosnec. If you see Derosnec pushing your buttons, please report it just like the others. When you participate in name calling, then you are also being reviewed. It's much better to not participate.

Thanks!

Friday, August 1, 2014 10:20 PM