Activation (I am unable to speak) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

My problem started about 12 months ago after buying a new computer and a copy of XP Professional OEM 2 years ago. But over the last 12 months my XP Pro as repeatedly asked to be re-activated every 3 to 5 weeks, the reason it gives is that there as been so much hardware added since Windows was installed that it needed to be re-activated. As a result of all these activations there are no automatic activations left for my product key.

The problem turned out to be my primary C: drive being faulty, which I have now changed for a new one. But my problem doesn't end there, I am unable to talk and there's the point that my product key does not produce the correct banks of 6 digit numbers that you tap into the telephone keypad for activation. It gets to the last 6 digits and reads out a faulty set of numbers, it then proceeds to pass me onto the next available operator at which point I have to hang up.

I have wrote to Microsoft UK and they put me in touch with a team in India to obtain a new Product Key, all I got from them is a load of correspondence and a Problem Resolved email. They did give me a Case Number though which I stored on my other hard drive.

Have any of you Microsoft people got any idea's as any help would be greatly appreciated I still have 26 days to activate.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hello Diversion,

Please see http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/a97c1e11-9364-458e-a155-d0f46a059dff1033.mspx?mfr=true for TT/TTY (Text Telephone) modem phone number for Product Activation.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Monday, March 19, 2007 11:47 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Darin, I was given a case number as stated in my original post and I did reply to the problem resolved email that I got back from India. In response to my reply asking them how the case had been resolved?  They did provide me with a new product key for my Microsoft XP Professional OEM disk, so that I can now activate my version of Windows automatically which I have done following a clean installation onto the new primary C: drive that I fitted to my computer.

My Windows is a lot more stable now with the new drive fitted. I can't believe that a faulty drive could be the cause of all the re-activations that I had to do every 4 to 5 weeks, sometimes I would activate the product and later the same day it would tell me to activate again.

I hope that this post gives hope to the many disabled people out there that are in my position or worse and of course none disabled people too. I do not have a text phone as I rely on emails or writing letters to make contact with people, but the idea is worth looking into and I also thank you for the idea of getting a text phone.

Yours Diversion

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Diversion,

Please see http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/a97c1e11-9364-458e-a155-d0f46a059dff1033.mspx?mfr=true for TT/TTY (Text Telephone) modem phone number for Product Activation.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Program Manager

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

Monday, March 19, 2007 11:47 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Darin, I was given a case number as stated in my original post and I did reply to the problem resolved email that I got back from India. In response to my reply asking them how the case had been resolved?  They did provide me with a new product key for my Microsoft XP Professional OEM disk, so that I can now activate my version of Windows automatically which I have done following a clean installation onto the new primary C: drive that I fitted to my computer.

My Windows is a lot more stable now with the new drive fitted. I can't believe that a faulty drive could be the cause of all the re-activations that I had to do every 4 to 5 weeks, sometimes I would activate the product and later the same day it would tell me to activate again.

I hope that this post gives hope to the many disabled people out there that are in my position or worse and of course none disabled people too. I do not have a text phone as I rely on emails or writing letters to make contact with people, but the idea is worth looking into and I also thank you for the idea of getting a text phone.

Yours Diversion

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:41 PM