Office Communicator Server 2007 < - > Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have completed the installation for LCS 2007, created accounts and testing it now.

Got this error message:

"There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook. Communicator could not get calendar or Out Of Office information from the Exchange Server ... "

Did i missed any (setup / install) prior using this features?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Friday, June 1, 2007 8:51 AM

Answers

• This is a known issue. You can find information on this in the FAQ part of this forum.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:16 AM

All replies

• This is a known issue. You can find information on this in the FAQ part of this forum.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:16 AM
  • Could you direct me to the particular place where this issue was resolved with a url? I am unable to find the post.

Thanks for your help.

Akshai

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:46 PM
  • It hasn't necessarily been resolved, but there are somethings you can try.

Here is the link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1614863&SiteID=57

Here are the steps to take:

• Start Outlook, wait a few minutes and then start Communicator.
    • Check that Outlook is using the default profile.
    • Verify you are using Office Communicator 2007 build 2.6090.0.
    • Verify your Internet Explorer proxy settings are correct for your environment.
    • Try to connect to your Adress Book Server URL's manually. If they are not accessible, then troubleshoot your web services:
      • For example:
        • Try to connect to the URLs from the server.
        • Check for any DNS issues.
        • Check any routing issues.
        • Try resetting IIS.
        • Try restarting the web pages.
    • Verify you are using the same credentials in Outlook as you are in Communicator.
    • Verify your are not using an untrusted certificate in Exchange Server 2007.
    • Delete galcontacts.db located in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator On the OCS server open a command prompt. Navigate to <install path>\Server\Core\ and then run ABServer.exe -syncNow
    • In Office Communicator, under Tools>Options,on the bottom part of the Personal tab is the Personal information manager. Verify that the 'Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook' and 'Update my status based on calendar data' options have been selected.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:04 PM