Find A Safe Download For Microsoft Money 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been forced to use Quicken which I hate, and found threads where MS Money was still being used. I was so excited.

Instructions were for MS Money 2005 and IE 6. I am trying to find a place where I can download these two. I can install them successfully on my Macbook Pro using OXS.

The only place I have found is from softronics which reviews state they are  not safe and dangerous, etc.  

I have a Money Plus 2005 running on my desk top under Vista but I don't see any information on that. I also know that MS Money Sunset wont run without IE 6 which I don't have. 

I am hoping I can do the banking from Quicken and export records to MS Money where you can actually get custom reports.

If there is anybody that can help me I would be infinitely grateful.  I have missed MS Money so much. 

Bebe

Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:28 PM

All replies

• MS Money runs fine on newer versions of IE.  If you are getting the message regarding IE6,  see the 2nd sticky note at the top.  I would upgrade to the Sunset edition (if you are using the U.S. version) and install the patch mentioned in the 1st sticky note.
    • Edited by ameridan Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:50 PM
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:49 PM
  • This probably is occurring because I am trying to trick my Mac to running it through Winskin. That is where it is requiring me to use IE6. Of course there is no IE on the Mac so it is just probably giving me a default. My goof. I am getting my desk upgraded to MS Windows 7. I have 10 on another another laptop and I do so HATE it.

Thank you for the response.Knowing that MS Money will work on any IE is a load off my head.

Quicken stopped supporting 2013 in July. Not only did they not support it, they changed it so it wouldn't let me export in Qif format and EXCEL won't receive it's given format. I will have to just hand enter any tax items for reporting via excel.

Does anybody hate Quicken as much as I do? I can't get the flexibility to make my own reports and they don't change a thing from version to version yet they blackmail you into purchasing another new version.

I have had enough. I'll manually enter in all transactions into MS Money before I buy another Quicken inferior product. How do they get away with this year after year is beyond me.

Bebe

Monday, January 23, 2017 6:39 PM