Info for Microsoft Money 2005 (and 2004) Users ) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Money 2005 UK - QFE2 ( the fixed self-contained UK Money 2005 file) can be downloaded from

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26915

It is suggested that UK users keep a good copy of this file, even if you do not need it initially.

Money 2005 installation files from Microsoft, including the self-contained 1105 updates, International English users is still anticipated. This should let those users access their 2005 and earlier files.

Monday, June 27, 2011 9:08 PM

All replies

• A Sunset version is being worked on for users of UK and International English versions of Microsoft Money 2005. 

The good news is that Microsoft plans to make a new installation file for the users of UK and International Money 2005.

Damn that will be good.

Is the intention to

a) release a version of Sunset (as already available to the USA) which can read the 1105 mny files(with no online functions, but with the extra program functions)

OR

b) make the core files available in an official install program that will install 14.0.120.1105(or similar)?

Either will be good but option "a" would have better future protection.

Monday, June 27, 2011 10:58 PM
  • I would guess it would be like 1105 with the familiar quirks, but it might have a version number something like 14.0.120.3456 or some such. ;-) I would not expect it to be able to change a stock to a mutual fund, or get the cool multiple backups or other upgrades as Plus has.

Monday, June 27, 2011 11:28 PM
  • I would guess it would be like 1105 with the familiar quirks, but it might have a version number something like 14.0.120.3456 or some such. ;-) I would not expect it to be able to change a stock to a mutual fund, or get the cool multiple backups or other upgrades as Plus has.

You're probably right.  A UK version of Sunset would be nice.  Nice, but unlikely.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:02 AM
  • I would not be surprised if were to be called Money 2005 Sunset. I am running Money installed from the  Money Plus Deluxe Sunset on my laptop, which is the sunset version of Money Plus Deluxe. It says Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe on the Help->About.

If it were called Money 2005 UK Sunset or Money 2005 International English Sunset, it could help some cases to let people see more easily what they have installed.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:18 AM
  • Better late than never I suppose. It just shows how useless Microsoft have been over this whole issue. To leave existing customers unable to properly re-install and use their existing software was pathetic.  They appear to have no idea regarding their existing customer base. 

I've run into similar problems with Office functionality, which has been broken on current releases and their answer is that it's not a bug but by design. Just because the function is not widely used they seem to think it's acceptable to remove/break the function.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hello thanks for your helpful reply which may(I hope) be the reason for my problem.  Firstly my Momey programme failed about a month  However I then sent to my son via e mail the data file and it worked for him perfectly on his Windows 7 professional so then I had by own hard drive completely cleaned and upgraded from Windows 7 Home premium to Windows 7 Professional My son then returned the data file back to me and it still will not open neither will it open on 2 other PC''s Now my son has sent me the QIF files and I hope but not yet tried that we could restore the QIF files back to the MNY date file  I suppose that you think that until I have the new installation you refer to converting the QIF files will not work - I have even considered purchasing a new PC but I suppose that my version of Money 2005 will still not allow it to open the data file  Any replies comments would still be appreciated - thank you

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Your problems with Money relate to that application and not the underlying Operating System. Unfortunately, whatever cost you incurred in upgrading Windows 7 Home to Professional was wasted, unless of course, you really wanted the Professional version. 

Your QIF files could be used to import into the US Sunset version but considering that there appears to be a Money 2005 (1105) version that will be made available (quite soon, see above), then the recommendation would probably be to wait for that.

If, as it appears, you were previously running UK Money 2005 (1105) then this 'new' UK Money Sunset will open your existing money file without any further work on your part.

In the interim, it may be prudent to keep alternative (paper ?) records until you can start using Money again.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Importing QIF files should work for any version, but it is a lossy process. It takes effort to get things in order. However you would get a clean file.

I would wait until you get a version that works with your *.mny file. You could try one way, and later try a different way.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Hello thanks for your helpful reply which may(I hope) be the reason for my problem.  Firstly my Momey programme failed about a month  However I then sent to my son via e mail the data file and it worked for him perfectly on his Windows 7 professional so then I had by own hard drive completely cleaned and upgraded from Windows 7 Home premium to Windows 7 Professional My son then returned the data file back to me and it still will not open neither will it open on 2 other PC''s Now my son has sent me the QIF files and I hope but not yet tried that we could restore the QIF files back to the MNY date file  I suppose that you think that until I have the new installation you refer to converting the QIF files will not work - I have even considered purchasing a new PC but I suppose that my version of Money 2005 will still not allow it to open the data file  Any replies comments would still be appreciated - thank you

If your son has a working, updated installation of Money 2005 he could send you the MnyCoreFiles from his installation which you could use to update your Money 2005.

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx. Note that you would both need to enable "Show hidden files" and "Show protected operating system files" in Windows Explorer to copy the full contents of the folder.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Adapting and testing Money 17 to UK and International English regional requirements and writing and testing the data file import routines is likely to take a few weeks. I do not know when work actually started, or even if the project team is yet in place.

Another option for MS might be to release a program to convert 2005 UK (or wherever) to a more modern format that Sunset USA could read or import directly.   A quick-and-dirty convert to use an existing, tested suite rather than sophisticated NEW suite.

I've tried Sunset USA and would be entirely happy with the Americanisms and weird spellings and tax stuff because the rest of the program is good.  The online stuff is going to stop for 2005 sometime soon and 2005 UK does not have much in the way of specific UK features in any case.

If MS want beta testers where do we sign up?  Do we get free T-shirts?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Why should they need to adapt US Money Sunset ? 

A fully packaged version of Money UK 2005 (1105) was shipped on Works Suite 2006 in the UK. Assuming that they still have those installation files then that would suffice.

However, Microsoft's track record in retaining stuff is pretty poor ... just ask anyone who required Office 2000 SR1A. That particular service pack was "archived" (read deleted) and then they stated no other copies existed ???!!! Any customer with the original Office 2000 disks (ie not those cut later with SR1A) were stuffed because Office 2000 SP3 was NOT cummulative and you had to be one at least SR1A to install SP3.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:10 PM
  • this is excellent news and a very responsible move by Microsoft in response to distressed users. I am very keen to be able to reload 1105 after my system had to be rebuilt, so I can get at 5 years' of data carefully stored in multiple backups!

I noted the post above about Works 2006 including 1105, which is helpful. In case there is a delay getting this fix from Microsoft, does anyone know if later versions of MS Money (without having to be updated online) are able to read files created using 1105?

Sunday, July 3, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Hi folks, in case this is of use to anybody in this thread, I've copied this from my post on another thread.  I found a friend who has a working installation of Money 2005 with the 1105 patch. I paid him a visit last night, copied his MNYCoreFiles to a USB drive, drove home, sat in front of the PC and carefully followed the directions in 

http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx

Everything worked flawlessly and I now have a working copy of Money 2005 version ------1105. Plus an installation CD with the patch incorporated in case I have to reinstall again sometime. I've done a copy of the CD for my friend as well, as insurance for him.  Backup files are fully restored and I'm glad to say I'm back in business.  It was so simple I'm surprised Microsoft don't just make a copy of the core files available for download, but there are probably issues involved in this that I'm not aware of.  

By the way, simply renaming the delinquent core file folder as MNYCoreFiles.old and replacing it with the patched MNYCoreFiles folder didn't work for me.  I had to follow the article 630 process to the letter.   

I know this information won't be of much use to Money 2005 users who don't have access to a patched version, but those who do may like to know that the recovery process outlined in article 630 is a workable one.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Is there any official word from Microsoft on a release date?

This issue is costing me a lot of money and I'm in a financial crisis.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:10 AM
  • Another one waiting!

This is a realy stupid situation!

:-(

Regards

Andre

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:34 PM
  • I have made the new ISO for the UK version and it worked at firts try.

(I had an old pc with a patched version)

Stupid mocosoft...

André

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:05 PM
  • I would like to endorse what you are saying (see my previous ecklish comments dated June 28) one of you kind persons suggested I use my sons MNY core files but this as yet has not been possible I now 7 weeks of date backed up on another accounts programme which has a mind of its own so I would like to know when we can expect the Money Sunset version to arrive in the UK - Surely Microsoft could give us a date
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:39 PM
  • Hi - are you saying that you can convert to £Sterling and Euros on the US Money version
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Hi - are you saying that you can convert to £Sterling and Euros on the US Money version

As in any Money version, the base currency can be set to any which Money will recognise.

€ and £ are recognised and appropriate exchange rates can be set.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:22 PM
  • I have a patched version of UK 2005 on disk, so am not desperate for a UK Sunset version.

I am persuming that MSN UK are also going to allow the sunset version to download stock prices from MSN UK Money? After all, it is not really going to cost them anything to allow the status quo? Or are they also going to close the entire MSN UK Money site?

However, if they do issue a sunset version it would be nice if they also tidied up all the dead links and modified it to allow exchange rate updates. Surely it can't be that difficult to wirte a bit of code that could update from numerous entirely free sources of exchange rate data?

I presume that Microsoft US crippled the US Sunset versions as part of their deal with Quicken, but since UK users do not have a Quicken alternative is there any reason for them to unnecessarily cripple Sunset UK?

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:19 AM
  • I would expect just the 1105 version with no changes.

The Money team has been disbanded and no doubt re-deployed to work on more daft icons and GUI nonsense for the (Ef)Fluent User Interface (aka The Ribbon) in Office, or possibly given the task to remove useful functionality that some of us use in Outlook.  

Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:14 AM
  • The Money team has been disbanded and no doubt re-deployed to work on more daft icons and GUI nonsense for the (Ef)Fluent User Interface (aka The Ribbon) in Office, or possibly given the task to remove useful functionality that some of us use in Outlook.  

Some of them probably also re-assigned to Windows Mobile development and now employed crippling WM so it no longer syncs with Outlook and requires users to install Zune on their PCs, making it a completely useless business phone.
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:20 AM
  • The Money team has been disbanded and no doubt re-deployed to work on more daft icons and GUI nonsense for the (Ef)Fluent User Interface (aka The Ribbon) in Office, or possibly given the task to remove useful functionality that some of us use in Outlook.  

Some of them probably also re-assigned to Windows Mobile development and now employed crippling WM so it no longer syncs with Outlook and requires users to install Zune on their PCs, making it a completely useless business phone.
    I expect a few of them have joined the Flight Simulator team ,sitting at home.  Another incomprehensible decision, scrapping the best flight sim EVER.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:33 AM
  • I put together a Money 2005 v1105 CD well over a year ago and to this day has been fine.  However, I had need to format and re-install TODAY and I'm sorry to say that it no longer works!  If you let it set up a sample file, it tries to convert it...  if it loads my data file it tries to convert that!  Afterwards, there is a Money 2004 file in My Documents!  When checking the version of money, it is v14.0.120.730

I am lost... I just uninstalled, and re-installed without the internet connected and still the same problem.

HELP?

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:17 PM
  • This post is being modified to reflect that information is in flux. Stay tuned.

Just noticed that your original posting has been modified. Does this mean that the information in regards a new installation file for the UK and International version of Money is no longer correct?  

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:12 PM
  • This post is being modified to reflect that information is in flux. Stay tuned.

Just noticed that your original posting has been modified. Does this mean that the information in regards a new installation file for the UK and International version of Money is no longer correct?  

I think it was largely correct, except where there might have been a tone guessing about a time frame. I was hoping that there would be some more definitive information coming. Things always take longer than you hope. 
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:40 PM

I think it was largely correct, except where there might have been a tone guessing about a time frame. I was hoping that there would be some more definitive information coming. Things always take longer than you hope. 

I use Money 2005. I have never found the need to use the forum til now! Just reinstalled Windows on PC. Tried to run Money after installing, wont open files! Why was a self installing patch not put up by Microsoft. Most other companies do, particularly when the original program wont work without the patch.

I am lost without this program. I do not know of any other equivalent software that is not online based.

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel?

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:22 AM
  • I have swapped all my accounts to 'Solar' - very satisfied  You get a 90 day free trial to check it out, and a help desk that actually reply to you!

www.solaraccounts.co.uk

Neil

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:43 AM
  • After some asking around, I found someone who still had a working copy.  asked them to print all the data out from my accounts and jumped ship....

Neil

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:47 AM
  • I have swapped all my accounts to 'Solar' - very satisfied  You get a 90 day free trial to check it out, and a help desk that actually reply to you!

www.solaraccounts.co.uk

Neil

Hi, Looked at the software but it is a bit to business oriented for me. I am just looking to run my home finances.

Mike

Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Has anyone tried to re-install Money 2005 from their "updated" CD to v1105?  It's not working now... it worked fine, but the servers were only turned off a couple of weeks ago and it now fails!!!  Maybe it checks with the server to make sure the update has been applied and it NOW gets no response!

I made 2 discs just in case and neither work.  It installs fine but will not load .mny files.

I have looked for Works Suite 2006 and unfortunately Money 2006 is packaged, NOT 2005.

Mike

Mike
    • Edited by mlhifi Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:43 PM addition
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Strange. I know of several people who downloaded the CD last week and earlier this week and it work fine for them.

Jim

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Has anyone tried to re-install Money 2005 from their "updated" CD to v1105?  It's not working now... it worked fine, but the servers were only turned off a couple of weeks ago and it now fails!!!

I made 2 discs just in case and neither work.  It installs fine but will not load .mny files.

I have looked for Works Suite 2006 and unfortunately Money 2006 is packaged, NOT 2005.

Mike

The patched disc should work perfectly.  My own works from Autorun but I cannot speak for the ones which have appeared on torrents, dropbox etc.  I would expect them to work.

This is a copy of my install procedure from another thread with a few small bits added.

Whenever I install from my patched Money 2005 UK CD I always PAUSE Kaspersky Internet Security (antivirus stuff).

Make a system restore point (just in case).

THEN install to a new folder using the patched CD, NEVER over the top of an existing installation.  Allow Autorun to run.

Start Money the first time by double-clicking on a COPY of my most recent live .MNY file.

There is a recent thread about some problems caused by the last microsoft updates.

and I'm using Win 7 Pro 32 bit, IE 8."
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:52 PM
  • No, I am not talking about a downloaded .iso nor am I refering to installing the original and patching it with the MNYCoreFiles folder.

I am talking about installing with a CD that has v1105 added into it, similar to slipstreaming a service pack:

The disc made with the above help worked perfectly at the time, even earlier this year, but not anymore.  As I said, ONLY since the servers were ACTUALLY switched off in the last few weeks... they were NOT switched off in January as they were supposed to be.

Has anyone cobbled one of these discs together and tried it VERY recently?

Mike

Sorry, this was directed at Jim Willsher.

BanjoMike, are you saying you have a disc made with the above procedure (...article/630) and it works?  How recently did you try it on a FRESH install of the O/S?  Because that's when the problems begin, even before ANY updates are added so it's not an update issue!

Mike
    • Edited by mlhifi Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:38 PM correction
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:33 PM
  • No, I am not talking about a downloaded .iso nor am I refering to installing the original and patching it with the MNYCoreFiles folder.

I am talking about installing with a CD that has v1105 added into it, similar to slipstreaming a service pack:

The disc made with the above help worked perfectly at the time, even earlier this year, but not anymore.  As I said, ONLY since the servers were ACTUALLY switched off in the last few weeks... they were NOT switched off in January as they were supposed to be.

Mike

BanjoMike, are you saying you have a disc made with the above procedure (...article/630) and it works?  How recently did you try it on a FRESH install of the O/S?  Because that's when the problems begin, even before ANY updates are added so it's not an update issue!

Mike

I made my first Money UK 1105 patched CD when the procedure was first posted on usenet about 2 years ago. 

I've used it on clapped-out installs of XP, fresh installs of XP, and fresh installs of Win 7 Pro 32 bit.  The Win 7 installs are an ongoing process with me because I am continually rebuilding my development PC and to keeo Money working it gets installed whenever Windows is reinstalled which tends to be about every 20 days (7 times since January).  The last install was 12th July, on a fresh install of Windows 7.

Just for info, I have used it on Win 7 with no network active.

When did you make your patched CD?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:16 PM

Mike

Mike

I made my first Money UK 1105 patched CD when the procedure was first posted on usenet about 2 years ago. 

I've used it on clapped-out installs of XP, fresh installs of XP, and fresh installs of Win 7 Pro 32 bit.  The Win 7 installs are an ongoing process with me because I am continually rebuilding my development PC and to keeo Money working it gets installed whenever Windows is reinstalled which tends to be about every 20 days (7 times since January).  The last install was 12th July, on a fresh install of Windows 7.

Just for info, I have used it on Win 7 with no network active.

When did you make your patched CD?

I made the CD just about a year ago.  I have a "test" PC and again, last night, tried to install using this CD and it's a no-go!

I can't understand why it (BOTH discs!) would work 2 months ago, and not now!  Only difference, as I said, is the microsoft server has only just actually been switched off.  But you have it working with no active network, so I'm even more confused!

Mike

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:24 AM
  • I have looked for Works Suite 2006 and unfortunately Money 2006 is packaged, NOT 2005.

Mike

Mike

The UK Works Suite 2006 does contain UK Money 2005 level 1105. I have a copy. There never was a UK Money 2006.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:53 AM
  • I have looked for Works Suite 2006 and unfortunately Money 2006 is packaged, NOT 2005.

Mike

Mike

The UK Works Suite 2006 does contain UK Money 2005 level 1105. I have a copy. There never was a UK Money 2006.

Oh, that's interesting...  I must admit I always thought that 2005 was the last UK edition, but I did search Works package and it definitely states Money 2006.

This is a quote from pcadvisor.co.uk...

"Works Suite 2006's extra applications include Word 2002, the Digital Image Standard 2006 image editor, Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2006, the much-improved Microsoft Money Standard 2006 and Streets & Trips Essentials 2006."
    I thought maybe I'd accidently looked art an American site but this is a UK site!  Doesn't take much to confuse me these days!
    Mike

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:54 AM
  • It's Microsoft's external packaging that causes all the confusion. Just look at all the people here who post that they're using Money 2004 when in fact they have Money 2005 (level 730).
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:50 PM
  • It's Microsoft's external packaging that causes all the confusion. Just look at all the people here who post that they're using Money 2004 when in fact they have Money 2005 (level 730).

Yes, so true. 

Has anyone else made one of these "slipstreamed" Money 2005 v1105 CD's and used it on a CLEAN O/S install in the last 2-3 weeks?  I need to know it's not just my 2 discs that don't work!

Mike

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:11 PM
  • I made the CD just about a year ago.  I have a "test" PC and again, last night, tried to install using this CD and it's a no-go!

I can't understand why it (BOTH discs!) would work 2 months ago, and not now!  Only difference, as I said, is the microsoft server has only just actually been switched off.  But you have it working with no active network, so I'm even more confused!

Where, and in what conditions, have your CDs been stored?

CDs you burn yourself use chemicals and these can deteriorate if not carefully stored resulting in an unusable recording. There used to be reports of cheap CDs being unreadable after a few minutes in bright sunlight on a windowsill.

You do not need a CD. Installations can be made if you have a copy of the files on the CD. Files can be extracted from an ISO with e.g. 7-zip.

When I (rarely) rebuild my machine all the installations are made from stored copies of the installation files. This is much quicker than installing from CDs or DVDs. I have several separate copies of the installation files in case one or more of the hard disks they are stored on fails.

They have been stored in separate boxes, on a free-standing rack away from any windows.  At least one disc worked in April without problem.

So, it (they) worked about 9 months after burning, but not after 12 months?  I have CD's that still work years after I burned them, so I'm not sure this is the case. 

Actually, I forgot, but I did make an .iso of the disc once I had put it together, so I can prove this point by burning a replacement, or doing it as you suggest from the iso itself.  Thanks for putting the ISO in my head  :-)

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:35 PM
  • I think you need to check what versions of the files you have on your CD.

You should be able to find a file called mnyca.dll on your installation CD. If you use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder containing that file you can then right-click the file itself and select "Properties". From there you can display the file version details. 

For version 730 the following details will be shown,

File Version : 14.0.120.730

Product Version : 14.00.0730

Size : 143kb

Date Modified : 30/07/2004   10:42

For version 1105 the following details will be shown,

File Version : 14.0.120.1105

Product Version : 14.00.1105

Date Modified : 05/11/2004  15:15

You can also check other files such as mnyxml.dll which show different version between the two releases.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:25 PM

You should be able to find a file called mnyca.dll on your installation CD. If you use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder containing that file you can then right-click the file itself and select "Properties". From there you can display the file version details. 

You can also check other files such as mnyxml.dll which show different version between the two releases.

Thank you for that information.  However, it has confused me further!  The CD I made nearly a year ago installs but tells me it's v730 in INFO from the HELP menu.  The files show as follows:  mnyca shows v730, but mnyxml shows v1105.  This disc worked for 9 months or more... that mnyca file CAN'T have changed it's attributes so...
    I DON'T GET IT!  I am an electronics engineer by trade (retired now) and am very logical... this is NOT logical!  Maybe if I can "fool" Money into thinking it's v1105 it will not try and update and let me get on with it!  If so, WHICH file do I need to alter... mnyca.dll?  Your guess is as good, probably better, than mine.

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Rather than fight it, why not just re-download the ISO (links are in another thread on THIS page fo the forum) and try that?

Jim

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:07 PM

Are you sure about that?

On my, happily working patched 2005 UK CD, I only have the July version of mnyca.dll. 

Maybe the November version came with specific original MS CDs but I don't think it was part of the official downloadable patch that we have used to make our homebrew CDs.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:09 PM
  • I found an .ISO of my "homebrew" CD (if I may call it that) and burned another copy!

The mnyca.dll still shows v730, but the odd thing is it installs without a problem AND tells me it's v1105!  So, for me at least, problem solved.  Doesnt explain why TWO working copies stopped functioning though!  They were stored in separate cases, on a rack, on my office desk, away from any sunlight.  I have other CD's that still function that were burned years ago.

So, I looked at the date I "made" the .iso and it was November 2009.  So, the CD's were both made before then!  So they're older than I thought!  I SO WISH I'd burned another copy before I started all this, but to be honest, I forgot I made it once I got the modified CD together.  Just as well I did.

Sorry to have wasted everyones time with this... I like to look at it as a learning experience. Well, I've certainly learned a lot.

Thanks guys for your time and patience.  Hopefully, someone else may get something out of this   :-)

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:32 PM
  • mnyca.dll does seem to have differerent versions/dates depending on how the update was done. I checked on my test system using a "home brew" install, which appears to match what other posters found, whereas, a fully packaged 1105 the date is the later one.

Glad to see Mike is working again.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Thanks Ashley, with 18 years of financial data in the balance, I too am glad I'm working again.

Thanks again to all concerned.

Mike
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:16 PM
  • The UK Money 2005 update is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26915.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:20 PM
  • Well done Microsoft for listening and reacting.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:17 AM
  • I second that, although I just tried to download it and it says "File not found"  Oooopps!

Mike
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:49 AM
  • Oh, I see, you can ONLY use Internet Explorer to download it, NOT Firefox!

Mike
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:54 AM

Can't tell you what a relief this is!

Thankyou Microsoft :-)

Mike

Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:15 AM

Mmmm, well only a muted round of applause from me.

Any company with a professional attitude to dealing with their customers would NEVER have allowed the situtation to have arisen in the first place. Don't forget, originally, US customers whose last release of the product required activation, were not going to be able to re-install after January. 

All the way along, Microsoft have had to respond to complaints rather than think about the effect on their customers and setup alternatives for them before the event (and I do NOT call a Quicken migration mechanism an alternative !).

Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Looks like the update has been removed in the last 5 years :-(
    Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Looks like the update has been removed in the last 5 years :-(
    The Money 2005 installation  files pointed in what is currently the second (sticky) post are the updated versions. For US users, the Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions would be used to work with existing Money 2005 US or Canadian files. Users of Money Plus should also get the patched file described in what is currently the first (sticky) post.
    Saturday, November 19, 2016 2:17 PM