Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007: Validation Cannot be Completed[0x80180112] RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have validation problems just after 3 hrs. I noticed the problem after downloading MOffice service pack 1. Pls can anybody help me.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:50 PM

Answers

• shamila_azman,

Please indicate when the error message comes up. At start up? when you open an MS application?

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following steps: Open My Computer located on your desktop

1.      Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

NOTE:  The application data file may be hidden. Use the Tools drop down menu and follow:  Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder. Please re-hide the files once you have completed all the steps.

2.      Right click the data.dat file, then click “Delete”.

3.      This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA)

4.      Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and “ACTIVATE” it.

5.      If product activation was successful try the Office validation again by at :  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=eng

I hope this has helped,

Lori MS

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:45 PM