locked
CRM 2011 - Outlook 2010 CRM Client Failing Halfway Through Initializing Organization RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've gone over the 4 or 5 threads I have found in the community and I'm still having problems with it connecting to my test environment (upgrade from 4 to 2011).

    I've had a successful connection to our soon to be production environment with no customizations. I've tried to narrow down where it is erroring out, nothing shows up in the trace. The only thing that comes up is "The given key is not present in the dictionary." in the install log.

    09:56:58|   Info| Logon mapi store
    09:56:58|   Info| Logon admin service
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetCrmStoreServiceId
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetServiceIds
    09:56:58|   Info| Query all rows in msg service table
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetServiceIds
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetCrmStoreServiceId
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.DeleteV4CrmDatastore
    09:56:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime
    09:57:30|  Error| Exception : The given key was not present in the dictionary.    at Microsoft.Crm.MapiStore.DataStore.WaitInitialized()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)
    09:57:34|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Unconfigure
    09:57:34|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Unconfigure
    09:57:34|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    09:57:34|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveContextValues
    09:57:34|   Info| Delete org-based registry keys.

    Both the client and server are on the latest rollup (8). Also, my user is System Administrator in CRM (both test and production).

    Any thoughts or ideas?

    Thanks!


    • Edited by squiggly12 Friday, May 25, 2012 4:05 PM more info
    Friday, May 25, 2012 3:47 PM

All replies

  • So this morning, thinking it was my customized sitemap that was causing the problem, I reset it to the default sitemap. Still get the same error.

    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:38 PM
  • I am also getting the same issue. Did u manage to solve it??

    Here are parts of lof file..

    15:49:52|  Error| Exception : The given key was not present in the dictionary.    at Microsoft.Crm.MapiStore.DataStore.WaitInitialized()

       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()

       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)

       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)

    15:49:52|  Error| Failed to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with Scania CRM.

    15:49:52|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure

    15:49:52|  Error| Exception : Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Try to configure the organization again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Execute(ActionCommand command, ServerInfo serverInfo)

    Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Actually I did finally work it out. What happened was on one of our custom entities, there was a view that was trying to pull a column that wasn't around anymore. Once I was able to go in and modify the view to not get those columns, the Outlook client performed as expected.

    I'm still not sure why when upgraded from 4 to 2011 on-premise those columns are no longer there.

    Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:01 PM
  • How did you get to know that this is customization fault and which column is missing exactly?

    Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:17 PM
  • When I clicked onto the entity that was in the Extensions list, CRM 2011 would come back with an error about deleting views that were referencing missing columns.
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Hi!

    Just for clarification - you may not delete an entity attribute as long as there is a system view that shows this attribute. Problem is, this logic does not apply for user generated views (for good reasons) - so the first thing to do when this "The given key is not present in the dictionary" error pops up is to sift through the personal views ("My Views") of the user. After the erroneous view has been deleted the Outlook configuration process should work again.


    BR, Johannes

    • Proposed as answer by JGritsch Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:46 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:45 AM