Cannot Stream music from Windows Home Server 2011 with IE9 (Beta or RC) RRS feed

• General discussion

• When you use IE9 to stream music (media) from the Windows Home Server 2011 (same situation for Vail) the new silverlight window opens, but the song never loads, the session timesout and the window closes.

Totally recreatable as it occurs avery time.

Works perfectly for IE8 and other browsers

Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:43 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem.  It seems to work when you put IE9 in compatibility mode though.
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Confirmed, stuck on buffering 0% complete.  Can you put in a bug report on connect or you want me to do it?
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:05 PM
  • I submitted this as an IE9 "bug" on the 19/09/2010 in CONNECT, and there were no people who confirmed that they could reproduce the problem and no action evident with the problem. I posted in this forum to try to ascertain if anyone else was experiencing the probleme, or that perhaps no one streamed music with IE9.

Thanks for confirming the issue.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:05 PM
  • I have to wonder if this is similar to

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:05:57 +0000, Darren E Watt wrote:

>
    >
    >I submitted this as an IE9 "bug" on the 19/09/2010 in CONNECT, and there were no people who confirmed that they could reproduce the problem and no action evident with the problem. I posted in this forum to try to ascertain if anyone else was experiencing the probleme, or that perhaps no one streamed music with IE9.
    >
    >Thanks for confirming the issue.

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Dont think so as I can play netflix videos fine in ie9 but get the buffering 0% window connecting to whs 2011 until it times out.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:30 AM