none
Any one Pass 70-660??? RRS feed

• Question

• Wanting to see what those who have passed winternals test 70-660 used to prepare for the test?? 
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have a read of the following blog post http://learningpcs.blogspot.com/2010/01/certification-70-660.html
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:22 AM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the reply that answered your question so others with a similar question can find answers quicker.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:35 AM
  • People's feedbacks who have passed it:

I took this exam as beta, and I missed it. I receomend that you read the Windows Internals book by Marc Rushinovich. If you don't have it, wait a month or so, as a new edition is on the way. In order for you to pass this you will have to be very familiar with WinDBG(I used mostly Visual Studio), and if you worked a lot with debugging applications, I don't think that the exam will pose a problem for you.

As far as I remember there were about 42 or 43 questions in the exam. Used Windows Internals 5th Edition and 50155A Courseware from Microsoft. This has been my most coveted certification.Mark, Dave and Alex just Rock!

I passed the exam last week and I must say it was not too hard to get through. The study in depth of the Windows Internals 5th Ed. book is almost mandatory to succeed. :)

Besides that I was working to get my Windows Internals exam done (took it last week and passed). It was a tough exam, I took it last year when it was still on Beta and failed (got 636 and need 700 minimum). Last month I finish reading Windows Internals 4th Edition to prepare for this.

ru-RU http://perfect-coding.blogspot.com/2011/05/microsoft-certified-technology.html

I'm preparing for the exam 70-660 TS: Windows Internals

• Edited by sergmat Saturday, February 11, 2012 4:16 PM
    • Edited by Mr. WhartyModerator Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:40 AM removed details relating to specific exam topics
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:32 AM