Support for Visual Studio form editor? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wondering if the Home Server controls (from HomeServerControls.dll) will support the Visual Studio form editor.  I noticed that LineBox does not work with the editor but QButton does work.

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:57 AM

Answers

• John, I'm pretty sure this will not happen for V1. Technical details of the implementation of the WHS controls appear to make it impossible to use most of them successfully in the form designer. Controls that work seem to do so more or less by accident.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:31 AM

All replies

• John, I'm pretty sure this will not happen for V1. Technical details of the implementation of the WHS controls appear to make it impossible to use most of them successfully in the form designer. Controls that work seem to do so more or less by accident.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:31 AM
  • I have the same issue also,

Can we put the controls defined in homeservercontrols.dll to the visual studio tool box and use it visually?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:32 AM
  • Could you all please try with the RC version of HomeServerControls.dll? We tried to make the controls support WinForms design time as much as possible.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Some of the controls will not work because they do not have default constructors, like the WizardControlButton.

You can manually add the controls to your form in that case and they will then show up in the designer.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:03 AM