Fix It needs fixing? microsoft fix it Center Error Code 16977922--2147024894 after set-up RRS feed

• Question

• After NUMEROUS tries and fixes, including uninstalling/deleting and re-installing Parser 6.0, the same with WinSock 2.0 via the Fix-It tool for that problem (which said it completed successfully), and by downloading and trying to install the .msi for the product directly. I have been at this for over 2 hours. I have tried some other Fix It tools, individually with NO problem. I even tried running it directly from the Fix-It center page, via the Try It button, which still produces the same results. Trying to install the Fix It center to diagnose a problem with a DVD/CD burner that is having problems erasing a DVD+/-RW that was created several years ago. That problem is no longer at the fore-front since I can't get the troubleshooter to troubleshoot!
    Running XP with all of the latest updates/fixes etc.
    With the success I have had with other Fix-It tools, I would like to get this thing up and running to see what it finds.

Is, Was, And Always Will Be .... TheCaptain!
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• Dear customer,

I'm sorry for delay. Thanks for your provide event logs informations and feedback. According to your event log information I think it may permissions problem related. 

Please try below steps and run it again.

1. Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Administrative Tools -> Services

2. Right click "Microsoft Automation Troubleshooting Service" and select "Properties"

3. On Tab "Log on" Select "Local System" instead of "This account" and check the "Allow the service to interact with desktop". 

Hope it helps. 

By the way on event viewer  "Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->windows-> Diagnosis-ScriptedDiagnosticsProvider". If you find any error/warning about error code "16977921-2147023843" please provide to me. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.   

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:12 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking an interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (Beta). To further troubleshoot the problem, would you please provide us some information with your Windows OS.

1.   XP 32 or 64 bit are you use?

2.   Are you make sure "Fix it center" was installed successful.

3.  I know the error code 16977922--2147024894 you revived.  But I'm not clear what you meant "after set-up"? Is it let you choose check box for some troubleshooters install?

Looking forward to you replay. Thanks. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Thursday, December 9, 2010 10:08 AM
  • Yan:

Sorry for the delay.

I am using XP 32 bit.

I have a different error now after trying the full installer from MS. (Before I was using the intaller for Fix-It directly from my desktop and not the whole wrapper.)

I accept the license agreement, it downloads, it says it installs successfully, I choose to personalize later. I have an icon on my desktop, when I launch it, I get: 16977921-2147023843. Click OK then it says it cannot download troubleshooters and to check my internet connection. Then closes.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks.

Monday, December 13, 2010 12:44 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please refer below steps provide us some event logs informations? 

Step 1:

1. Control panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Administrative Tools -> Open Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Applications

After you select this section and please note to source content, if you find any error/warning about "fix it center/matsvc" please provide to us.

Steps 2: 

1.  Control Panel- > All Control Panel Items -> Administrative Tools ->Open  Event Viewers

2.  Event Viewer ->Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->windows-> diagnosis-scripted

If you find any error/warning about error code "16977921-2147023843" please provide to us.  Thanks. 

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:20 AM
  • Step 1:
    I uninstalled Fix-It with no errors, cleared the event viewer log, installed, selected configure later, launched from desktop icon and received previous stated error. Here is the event log:

Type Date Time Source Category Event User Computer
    Error 12/14/2010 12:15:19 AM MatSvc None 1 N/A THUMONSTER-IV
    Error 12/14/2010 12:15:19 AM Userenv None 1500 NETWORK SERVICE THUMONSTER-IV
    Error 12/14/2010 12:15:16 AM MatSvc None 1 N/A THUMONSTER-IV
    Error 12/14/2010 12:15:16 AM Userenv None 1500 NETWORK SERVICE THUMONSTER-IV
    Information 12/14/2010 12:14:27 AM MsiInstaller None 1042 SYSTEM THUMONSTER-IV
    Information 12/14/2010 12:14:27 AM MsiInstaller None 1033 PBPSLE THUMONSTER-IV
    Information 12/14/2010 12:14:27 AM MsiInstaller None 11707 PBPSLE THUMONSTER-IV
    Information 12/14/2010 12:14:13 AM MsiInstaller None 1040 PBPSLE THUMONSTER-IV

Step 2:
    Cannot find "Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->windows-> diagnosis-scripted" in Event viewer. So, I do not know if there are any other errors.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:29 AM
  • Dear customer,

I'm sorry for delay. Thanks for your provide event logs informations and feedback. According to your event log information I think it may permissions problem related. 

Please try below steps and run it again.

1. Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Administrative Tools -> Services

2. Right click "Microsoft Automation Troubleshooting Service" and select "Properties"

3. On Tab "Log on" Select "Local System" instead of "This account" and check the "Allow the service to interact with desktop". 

Hope it helps. 

By the way on event viewer  "Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->windows-> Diagnosis-ScriptedDiagnosticsProvider". If you find any error/warning about error code "16977921-2147023843" please provide to me. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.   

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:12 AM
  • Yan:
    Following steps 1 thru 3 worked. Fix-It now runs. It found some things that were previosuly 'flagged' from windows troubleshooter.
    Didn't find anything new.
    A little disappointed. I thought it might take a look at the whole system and settings and check to see if there were things that weren't set correctly or working properly.
    As for the event viewer, I still do not have an entry showing "Applications and Services Logs" - only "Applications" - so I don't know if there are other problems that may not be visible by the Fix It application.
    Thanks,

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:34 AM
  • Dear Customer, 

Thanks for your posted, According to my review, "Windows XP" was not support "Applications and Services Logs" section in the event viewer. You are right only "Applications". 

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:47 AM
  • Yan:

The best I can tell, all is OK now with Fix-It. Your advice was correct. I still am dissappointed in what Fix-It actually did, as it only looked at my reported errors, instead of looking at the entire Windows system for potential errors or misconfigurations. I am marking this as ANSWERED, since you did answer, and correct, my original question(s).

Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:07 AM
  • Thanks, you are advanced user! :)

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:08 AM