Harddrive failure and replacement. RRS feed

• Question

• OK. So I have four PCs running on a network at home and I have initially backed up each one individually to a DVD and then set the auto backups to secondary hard drives on different PCs. ie: #1 to #4, #2 to #3, #3 to #1 and #4 to #2. If primary #1 with the OS fails and all is lost on that one, can I install a new HD and plug in the initial disc to restore the whole shebang? Or, can I install the initial OS and then plug in the backup disc?  Something tells me non of this is gonna work. If I lose some files or info, sure, it's gonna restore that. But if the hard drive is gone?

Monday, June 9, 2008 2:56 PM

Answers

• Yes this is about One Care but your post was a little confusing. If you had a hard drive failure you will have to install the operating system and programs and you can restore your data files from your One Care backups.

Monday, June 9, 2008 9:28 PM

All replies

• What backup program are you using?

Monday, June 9, 2008 3:48 PM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    What backup program are you using?

Isn't this about Live One Care?

Monday, June 9, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Yes this is about One Care but your post was a little confusing. If you had a hard drive failure you will have to install the operating system and programs and you can restore your data files from your One Care backups.

Monday, June 9, 2008 9:28 PM
  • Guess that answers that.

Monday, June 9, 2008 10:05 PM