none
Exams: Do they serve their purpose ! RRS feed

• Question

• In India there is a common procedure to judge the capabilities of a student through exams.
    But the question to be asked is that if this procedure does justice  with a student.
    Can a mere 3 hour  really assess a student ?
    Friday, March 9, 2007 4:55 PM

Answers

• i am totally against the so called exams....mere 3hrs exam doesnt jurdge a person....only the knowledge matters..like in exams u just give the main concept and u cant be able to express all what u think,,the way u express your thots only really works here..any one can obtain success in exams,,but in knowledge????there is also a concept called mugging up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, March 9, 2007 6:51 PM
  • NOT AT ALL I DISAGREE AND SIMPLY READING AND WRITING IS NOT SEE I WILL IN BE I HAVE CLEARED EVERY PAPER SO DID U SAY I HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN EVERY PAPERS
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:21 AM
  • ya the at present day scenario they serve only to a certain extent...the main reason y many of them feel it to be bad is that,bcoz of the method used to evaluate the papers...its like one who writes the same lines present in the book is given more marks than the one who really understands and write the context correctly in his own words...
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:01 AM
  • No.. 3 hours is not at all sufficient for assessing the students. the Examination system should be changed
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:56 AM

All replies

• Exams are the best way to check ur capabilities... it doesn't matter of 3 hours of whatever... if have capabilities u can prove it easily... I think Exams plays an important role even to insist a person to take interest in studies and to do better for the sake of own careers.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 5:12 PM
  • i am totally against the so called exams....mere 3hrs exam doesnt jurdge a person....only the knowledge matters..like in exams u just give the main concept and u cant be able to express all what u think,,the way u express your thots only really works here..any one can obtain success in exams,,but in knowledge????there is also a concept called mugging up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, March 9, 2007 6:51 PM
  • NOT AT ALL I DISAGREE AND SIMPLY READING AND WRITING IS NOT SEE I WILL IN BE I HAVE CLEARED EVERY PAPER SO DID U SAY I HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN EVERY PAPERS
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:21 AM
  • ya the at present day scenario they serve only to a certain extent...the main reason y many of them feel it to be bad is that,bcoz of the method used to evaluate the papers...its like one who writes the same lines present in the book is given more marks than the one who really understands and write the context correctly in his own words...
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:01 AM
  • No.. 3 hours is not at all sufficient for assessing the students. the Examination system should be changed
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:56 AM