WLOC Backup RRS feed

• Question

•  

Why does WLOC not recognise a Complete System backup done with Windows Ultimate Comolete System Backup?

I have WLOC  bacup turned off because I use Complete System Backup native to Windows Ultimate regularily. WLOC still advises me during TUNEUP that there are 47,XXX,XXX files that are not backed up!!

Any Solutions??

Don

Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:39 PM

Answers

• OneCare will always tell you that the files are not backed up since it isn't doing the backing up. Using an alternate backup solution is fine, but OneCare cannot track the status of any other backup solution. Ignore the message from Tune-up since you know that they are backed up by the Windows Backup solution.

-steve

Friday, April 18, 2008 5:08 AM

All replies

• OneCare will always tell you that the files are not backed up since it isn't doing the backing up. Using an alternate backup solution is fine, but OneCare cannot track the status of any other backup solution. Ignore the message from Tune-up since you know that they are backed up by the Windows Backup solution.

-steve

Friday, April 18, 2008 5:08 AM
  • Thanks Stephan

I have been ignorong the message and I can now see that It may be benificial to keep the last backup that WLOC made if I ever want to go back to the configuration that I was using at that time.

Don

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:06 PM
  • You're welcome. Do keep in mind that the Windows complete PC backup is a backup of *everything* including the operating system and programs. The OneCare backup is only a backup of data files selected in the file types part of the OneCare backup configuration and does not include programs or system files.

-steve

Friday, April 18, 2008 4:25 PM