locked
Error Attaching Files in CRM 4 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I got "Unexpected Error" message when try to attach a file to the notes in any activity task (task, e-mail, letters, etc), however the file appear in the atached, but when i try to view it appears the same error.

    I got a multitenant CRM 4 with 4 Organization on it. This occurs in all organizations and for all users.
    I just Installed UR-7 to fix, but I still have the same message.  Reinstall and Re-import is not an option. Any Ideas

    Aditionally i got the follow warning in the ASP.NET events.


    Error Description:
    Column 'BlockedAttachmentsForDownload' does not exist on Table 'Deployment'

    Error Details:
    Column 'BlockedAttachmentsForDownload' does not exist on Table 'Deployment'

    Full Stack:
    [CrmException: Column 'BlockedAttachmentsForDownload' does not exist on Table 'Deployment']
       at Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.HasOnlyCachedColumns(Table table, String[] columns)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.RetrieveById(String tableName, Object primaryKey, String[] columns)
       at Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetDeploymentSetting(String settingName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.LocatorService.GetDeploymentSetting(String settingName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Utility.Util.IsBlockedAttachment(String fileName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Note.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

    [HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.ultramar_notes_edit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

     

    Other Message:

    Error Number:
    0x80040216

    Source File:
    Not available

    Line Number:
    Not available

    Monday, January 4, 2010 4:04 PM

Answers

  • Here we are again, after a few days of research and tests in my Virtuals Machines, I found some references that pointed to a CRM UR-6 BUG. So I put a ticket to MS. Guys at Dynamic's confirmed my UR-6 Bug theory. Uninstalling all Roll-Ups, starting for UR-8 down to UR-6 for all components of CRM (Email Router , SRS, Etc). Then I Installed UR-8 to fix the problem.

    • Marked as answer by Jimmy Morales Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:40 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:40 PM

All replies

  • Monday, January 4, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Thanks, I checked out the BlockedAttachmentsForDownload field on the Deployment Table for another 2 crm in a virtual machines that have no errors, is a quite strange, but the field is inexistent in both of them, and they're working without problem. UR 7 is already installed, it supose that fix the problem. For other hand, re-install is not an option in .
    Monday, January 4, 2010 6:50 PM
  • Here we are again, after a few days of research and tests in my Virtuals Machines, I found some references that pointed to a CRM UR-6 BUG. So I put a ticket to MS. Guys at Dynamic's confirmed my UR-6 Bug theory. Uninstalling all Roll-Ups, starting for UR-8 down to UR-6 for all components of CRM (Email Router , SRS, Etc). Then I Installed UR-8 to fix the problem.

    • Marked as answer by Jimmy Morales Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:40 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:40 PM
  • UR-8 didn't fix my problem. Nor did UR-10 or UR-13.
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:56 PM
  • We were at rollup 15 and had to restore CRM to another server. When we brought it up, attachments were not working (either adding or downloading) with the same error as above. Following these steps worked. Uninstalled ALL rollups, then installed rollup 6, then installed the latest rollup 18. Everything is working now. Thanks for the documentation!
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:27 PM