Where to do MCSA/MCSE India or South Africa? RRS feed

• Question

•  I may get the chance to go overseas to do my MCSA/MCSE training.  At present the options are South Africa or India.
    I had heard a rumour that Microsoft may not recognise certification obtained in some countries, is this true?

I would be grateful for honest opinions please.  What would you recommend?
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

•  There are restrictions on who can test in certain countries. See below.

IMPORTANT NOTE

India
    As of April 1, 2007, Only Citizens of India will be permitted to register for exams in our India test centres using the online test scheduling facility. All foreign candidate seeking approval in India are required to register at the Test site directly and hand over the requisite documents (i.e. digital copy of Passport and valid Visa). For any queries, you may e-mail to mslindia@microsoft.com.

China
    Only citizens of China will be permitted to register for exams in Mainland China test centers.

Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:55 PM

All replies

•  There are restrictions on who can test in certain countries. See below.

IMPORTANT NOTE

India
    As of April 1, 2007, Only Citizens of India will be permitted to register for exams in our India test centres using the online test scheduling facility. All foreign candidate seeking approval in India are required to register at the Test site directly and hand over the requisite documents (i.e. digital copy of Passport and valid Visa). For any queries, you may e-mail to mslindia@microsoft.com.

China
    Only citizens of China will be permitted to register for exams in Mainland China test centers.

Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:55 PM
  • You can still take your certification in India.. however you will need to supply information such as proof of travel, entry into the country etc etc. See the information above
    MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Monday, February 2, 2009 5:29 PM
  •  I would recommend South Africa. But what you can do is to take the courses in India, and the certifications in the country of your origin, that way it won't create any suspicions about how correct you achieved your certifications.

Best regards,
    Tibi
    MCT, MCDBA, MCSD.NET, MCPD(*.*)
    • Proposed as answer by SECCISCO Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:04 PM
  • Hi

Remember that you dont need to do your training and exams in one go. You can do your training any where in the world then write your exams later. I am not to sure on writing the exams in other coutries but in South Africa you can write them at any prometric test centre and it does not matter where you are from. I think that the only restrictions are as mentioned by Michael in his reply.

We are in the process of opeining a training academy in South Africa specifically for people from other countries who want to do their training and have a bit of a holiday or adventure at the same time. With the exchange rate as it is, it is not much more than doing just the course in the USA or UK. We dont offer the exams as part of the package as we feel that people should learn the theory then go home and do a bit of practical work before writing the exams however if the students want to write them we can take the students to a Prometric testing centre. Take a look at www.studysafari.com to see what we offer.

Regards
    Jonathan
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 3:26 PM
  • The post on MCSA TEST os very good thanks for the post.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:43 AM
  • Come to South Africa we are friendly :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:39 PM
  • I am a Nigerian who had this choice to make 3 months ago and was advised to go to India which I did and Koenig Solutions Pvt. India (a Gold Certified Partner of Microsoft) was the boot camp I attended. Apart from the fact that it’s cheaper than South Africa, they also make sure you understand the course by giving you some days of experience, at the end of the course, where you are given problems to solve as if you were in a real life scenario with no assistance (assistance comes only when you are completely stuck and the assistance is only a hint) thereby preparing you for the real life situations. I just finished my training in MSCA, MSCE & MCITP at Koenig Solutions Pvt. India about two (2) weeks ago and I took my certification exams, passed all, received all my certificates from Microsoft and have an MCP portal which is given to all certified Microsoft certificate holders. All you need are two (2) forms of identity your national passport and your driver’s licence to take the Microsoft exams after your training.

Better still, you can visit www.koenig-solutions.com and see for yourself.

I would definitely recommend India and to me Koenig Solutions Pvt. India would be the best training ground.

Regards,

Emmanuel

• Proposed as answer by SECCISCO Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:40 PM
  • DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. BECAUSE IN INDIA U STILL APPEARING FOR SAME EXAM, CARRIES SAME VALUE.

OTHER THINGS ARE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF SAYING

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:31 AM
  • KOENIG-SOLUTION IS JUST MONEY MAKING MACHINE, BOOT CAMPS NEVER HELP WHOM WHO ARE LEARNING IT FIRST TIME, IT ONLY MIGHT BE HELPFUL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EXPRIENCE IN REVELANT FEILD OR PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF IT
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:34 AM