Dashboard crashed, now it doesn't display contents RRS feed

• Question

• I just got WHS installed and set up the backup schedule and users when the dashboard crashed. I received the window to restart the dashboard which I did and no contents are displayed. No users, no backups, no computer (only had the server, no connectors yet). All I get is the crital alerts button is red and when I click on it, nothing shows up. I rebooted the server, even applied updated and rebooted again and still no dashboard. Browsing to the users and users groups window in Server Manager shows that the users are still there however they cannot access the web interface.

• Edited by NPS_Guy Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:42 PM typo
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The first thing you should do is file a bug through connect. PLease collect all the logs and attach to the bug. This may have been logged before, but opening a bug and attaching logs ensures that we did not miss a new issue.

Once you have done that please try and kill any dashboard.exe process on the server. The Vail services may need to be restarted. One easy way to do that is to reboot the server :-)

Thanks for testing vail. Let me know if the above works.

-Bodhi

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by NPS_Guy Friday, May 14, 2010 1:57 AM
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The first thing you should do is file a bug through connect. PLease collect all the logs and attach to the bug. This may have been logged before, but opening a bug and attaching logs ensures that we did not miss a new issue.

Once you have done that please try and kill any dashboard.exe process on the server. The Vail services may need to be restarted. One easy way to do that is to reboot the server :-)

Thanks for testing vail. Let me know if the above works.

-Bodhi

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by NPS_Guy Friday, May 14, 2010 1:57 AM
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:43 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Bodhi. I am experiencing the same symptoms as described here.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 1:59 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Bodhi. I am experiencing the same symptoms as described here.
    You should file your own bug report.  Just because the symptoms may appear to be the same as someone else's report, doesn't mean it's the same underlying cause.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 2:25 AM
  • Will do Kariya! Thanks!
    Friday, May 14, 2010 11:31 AM
  • same error as well.  have reported.

Looking at the logs, the Service below seems not to be starting.  CVould this be the realted cause?

I have already changed Reovery options to restart, but no dice.  Still same problem with Dashboard.

The Windows Server Drive Extender service terminated unexpectedly.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Try this:

1. Remote Desktop to the home server.

2. Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Certification Authority.

3. Right click the SERVERNAME-CA. All Tasks - Renew CA Certificate.

4. Right click the SERVERNAME-CA. All Tasks - Start Service.

5. Open Dashboard after reboot the server.

Friday, May 13, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Noticed the same problem as the OP when I did my first backup and added a disk to my test system, rebooted and it came back up again.....

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:06 PM