About Me Feature RRS feed

• Question

• In this release of the forums, the user "Profile" information is not prominent.

When you click on a user's name, you go to the summary page that shows the statistics for the user (e.g., http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user?user=BinaryCoder).  Then, you need to click the View Profile link.

I suggest that both of these pages (statistics and profile) be merged into one page.  One of the things I like to do is to make my website link (My Website field) and my email address (About Me field, since there is not a dedicated field) available.  By squirreling these behind the View Profile link, this information will be less discoverable by users than I would prefer.

Friday, April 3, 2009 2:44 AM

Answers

• We will be addressing this in our next release, thanks BinaryCoder!
    Sam Jarawan - Senior Development Lead - Server and Tools Online
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:14 PM

All replies

• The difference is that one page shows forums specific settings, stored in our DB. The profile page is a cross-app profile used by more than one app (including forums).
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:09 AM
  • Make sense, doesn't make it ideal.  :)  Consider this a suggestion.  Thanks, and great work on this latest release of the forums software.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:51 PM
  • We will be addressing this in our next release, thanks BinaryCoder!
    Sam Jarawan - Senior Development Lead - Server and Tools Online
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:14 PM