exchange rate mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Is there anyway to map the exchange rate between Quote and quote product entities ??

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 12:37 PM

Answers

• You requirement is quite clear. You can map exchange rate by creating a field in quote product. Regarding point 2 the customization will be moved to live envoirnment with the mapping. I have checked this and I am 100% sure however as this is unsupported therefore cannot give any garantee.

Regards Faisal
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:14 PM

All replies

• Dear Faisal,

your web reference is very useful in case that the mapping is not availabe

but in my case the data mapping between quote and quote product is available but it's the exchange rate itself that is not available for mapping BTW could you please tell me if there exist any migration problems between different organizations if I've used this way for data mapping between quote and quote product

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Yes, you are right exchange rate is not available for mapping in any sales entity. It is available in the parent entity but not in the child entity. As it is a system mapping therefore it  should not have any effect if more than one organisation is migrated. 
    Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Dear Faisal,

I think you you didn't understand me very well, i have 2 questions:

1 - how to perform mapping for exchange rate between quote and quote product (which is not mentioned in you wb reference)

2 - if I've followed you web reference to perform fields mapping between opportunity product and quote product entities, will this this cause any problems during exporting and re-importing customizations between different environment ?

thanks alot for your efforts

best regards..

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:20 PM
  • 1. You need to create a exchange rate field in quote product. Same type

2. When you will move this customization to another enviornment it will move mapping without any problem. I have done this and found no issue.

Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Dear Faisal,

The field already exist in the quote product entity but i can't find it in the mapping form !!

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:14 PM
  • BTW when i'm talking about problem with moving mapping between organizations i mean the unsupported opp product and quote product mapping
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:18 PM
  • As you are trying to map from opp product to quote product therefore this field should exist in both the entities. You should be able to find it. If not let me know I will test at my end. I am not sure about moving Organisation but I have moved customization from my test to live envoirnment and didn't had any issue.
    Regards Faisal
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Dear Faisal,

I don't know why is this so hard to understand !!!

I have 2 separate problems:

1 - I need to map the exchangerate field from quote to quote product, the mapping between between quote and quote product is supported but the field istself is not available for mapping between the 2 entities

2 - i need to map some OTHER customized fields between Opp Product and Quote Product using this web reference http://crm-pitstop.blogspot.com/2009/08/you-might-have-noticed-how-certain.html

but i need to know if it will cause any problems during importing customizations to my production environment

hope this is clear enough !!

best regards

Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:40 PM
  • You requirement is quite clear. You can map exchange rate by creating a field in quote product. Regarding point 2 the customization will be moved to live envoirnment with the mapping. I have checked this and I am 100% sure however as this is unsupported therefore cannot give any garantee.

Regards Faisal
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:14 PM