trouble receiving a fax....... RRS feed

• General discussion

• fax failure:  win xp ser pak 3 home edition,ie 8.....i use the fax often. i used it last night and it was fine, the only thing that i did differently today, was run a custom scan with 'window's live 1 care, opening all files.  if you read this and know what it is that might have gone wrong in the scan, or otherwise, please let me know, thank you,  lu.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:52 AM

All replies

• fax failure:  win xp ser pak 3 home edition,ie 8.....i use the fax often. i used it last night and it was fine, the only thing that i did differently today, was run a custom scan with 'window's live 1 care, opening all files.  if you read this and know what it is that might have gone wrong in the scan, or otherwise, please let me know, thank you,  lu.

Quote:  there's not a problem in the world that can't be solved
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:01 AM
  • beckylu;

Are you referring to the OneCare Safety Scanner?  If yes, those forums are located here:

http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/forum.aspx?ForumID=13

Please indicate if you also ran a Regisrty Cleaning (Disk Cleanup scan) as part of your "custom scan".
    Regards, Dave
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:27 AM
  • hi stephen.......the fax was refering to is:  hp office jet 5600 fax.  and yes i opened up all folders and ran a custom scan.  evidently hp office jet as default was changed during the scan.  i have since fixed the problem.  thank-you,   lu

Quote:  "life is not about the breaths you take....it's about the moments that take your breath away."
    Friday, August 14, 2009 9:05 PM