Export CRM into CVS RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to merge 2 CRM 4.0 databases.

I understand the best way is to export one database, and use the migration tool to merge the data into the 2nd database.

My question is, How to export the whole database into CVS files?

Thanks

Monday, July 14, 2008 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• The best (as in best=easiest and most complete) way to do it is to use scribe insight (www.scribesoft.com) with the CRM adapter.  Make crm 1 your source and make CRM your target.

The thing to consider is that the out of the box data import tools do not support update imports, so if there are any records that match in both databases, you will not be able to merge the information on them together with the DMM or import utiltiy.  You will have to select one or the other, or create duplicate records.

Scribe can handle this very gracefully.

There is no easy way to export everything to csv.  Probably the easiest way to do it is to make CRM a data source in Excel and then manually do an import  for each entity.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:27 AM
  • Agree with Joel. Scribe is the best choice for CRM data migration.

Jim

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:38 AM
  • It is only a one time merge, there are no duplicate records.

Is there a tool that export a CRM database int CSV files ?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:40 PM
  • I found this tool:

http://www.codeplex.com/mscrmbulkdataexport/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=12682

Just need to make sure organization name and friendly organization name are the same (and maybe with no spaces - not sure). To fix that you open Deployment tool, disable the organization, edit, and enable it.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:15 PM