Live mesh 2011 installed on vista premium 32 bits with internet explorer sync turned on RRS feed

• Question

• I am running IE-9 (beta) on this computer. Question: I expected my favorites to show up on the proper folder in SkyDrive but nothing  happens and I can't re-create them directly in SkyDrive (I have over 1000). The secondary goal is to sync those "favorites" with Windows phone 7.

(Of course when I try to copy the favorite subfolders directly to SkyDrive it does not work either)

Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:28 PM

Answers

• Favorites Sync in Windows Live Mesh does not show up in SkyDrive. You are actually synchronizing IE settings between computers and the Favorites are not visible in your Sync Storage section of SkyDrive.

If you want to have them available on SkyDrive, one solution would be to periodically export them from Favorites/Export and Import/Export to a file and place the resulting bookmark.htm file in a folder that is a Windows Live Mesh sync folder that appears on SkyDrive or manually upload the file to a SkyDrive folder.

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 10, 2011 12:04 PM