none
Nvidia Video Drivers for WHS - Possible solution to your problem!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just thought I'd post on here the video drivers by Nvidia that don't appear to be causing conflict with the operation of WHS.  

Thank you to Olaf who informed me that video drivers are a possible cause to the Connector software malfunctioning on client machines. 
    I downloaded from Nvidia the beta drivers off of Nvidia's website for windows XP 32 bit. These work flawlessly with WHS.  Here is a link below.  This driver pack supports Nvidia cards 6 series and higher.

For those who have experienced issues with connector software I would recommend that you give this a shot.  This solved my problem with Invalid password errors when trying to access the connector software on client machines and my problem accessing Remote Desktop connection.  Remote Desktop connect would say I was "unable to connect to the remote desktop. "

Make sure if you have installed video drivers prior to this version that you uninstall those first then install these. 

Click here 
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:03 AM

All replies

• Another known solution for the NVidia bug was editing the registry on the server:
    Save the following lines in a text file with extension .reg and import it into the registry of your home server.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
    “SessionImageSize”=dword:00000020

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:17 AM
  • Thanks for your solution! Installing the new NVidia drivers worked out great, I was about to reinstall WHS.

Cheers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:01 PM
  • I spent 5 hours working on this problem before a friend discovered the issue with rdpdd.dll.  We search, found this posting, and VOILA!  problem solved.

Thanks for this posting, Olaf.  MAJOR KUDOS...
    Nate

Friday, June 19, 2009 3:26 AM