none
Not a good test taker... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ALL,

I have taken the boot camp for 70-178 and have postponed taking the exam twice.  I plan to take it this Friday (July, 29th) but I am not a good test taker...I mean really not, nausea, cold sweats and nightmares the night before... Please help.  I have gone through the list of what will be gnerally covered on the exam that I received from my Boot Camp teacher but have had no luck finding a besta exam.  MPUG says that they have one but I am not a memeber (yet).  Does anyone have a copy of this exam so I can relax a bit.  This would mean the world to me for a helping hand.  Thanks. 

Monday, July 25, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• First...never ever EVER  E V E R!!! ask for a copy of the exam.  It can get you barred here, and from EVER taking another certification exam.

Next...have you taken any practice tests?  That's the BEST way to determine whether you're ready.

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:50 PM
    Answerer
  • If you have safaribooksonline.com (or buy a book) - the Project 2010 In/Out book helps alot, especially the last 10 chapters for me since I dont use alot of Advanced functions in Project 2010 at work.   I went through the Step By Step book before I went through In/Out.  You'll do great - some vouchers have a retake option but they charge a little more for it.   Make sure you know the new features in 2010 if you have used 2007 before.

I tell my students - even if you fail, you have gained more knowledge to study where you lacked knowledge/practice and just retake the test - you are not a failure, just one failed test that needs to be retaken.  I take alot of beta tests and buy the retake vouchers even if I study hard because some tests are just not what I expected.

You'll do just fine.  Good Luck! 

Mary

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:57 PM

All replies

• First...never ever EVER  E V E R!!! ask for a copy of the exam.  It can get you barred here, and from EVER taking another certification exam.

Next...have you taken any practice tests?  That's the BEST way to determine whether you're ready.

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:50 PM
    Answerer
  • If you have safaribooksonline.com (or buy a book) - the Project 2010 In/Out book helps alot, especially the last 10 chapters for me since I dont use alot of Advanced functions in Project 2010 at work.   I went through the Step By Step book before I went through In/Out.  You'll do great - some vouchers have a retake option but they charge a little more for it.   Make sure you know the new features in 2010 if you have used 2007 before.

I tell my students - even if you fail, you have gained more knowledge to study where you lacked knowledge/practice and just retake the test - you are not a failure, just one failed test that needs to be retaken.  I take alot of beta tests and buy the retake vouchers even if I study hard because some tests are just not what I expected.

You'll do just fine.  Good Luck! 

Mary

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:57 PM
  • After reading my post, I apologize for the wording.  I was asking for the practice exam. 

Tell Me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will learn and grow. ---Conficius Thank You. D.C. Price, MBA, PMP, CNA
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Thank you for your positive support.  I PASSED with FLYING COLORS and the FIRST TIME.  ALl the angst was for naught!  I am MCTS !!!!
    Tell Me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will learn and grow. ---Conficius Thank You. D.C. Price, MBA, PMP, CNA
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Congrats Price !!

1. May I know the question pattern / How many questions ?

2. Are they objective or some thing on practice?

3.Did you take any practice exams, if so from which site?

4. Any tips on preparation!!

Appreciate your inputs on above... Thanks !!

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:37 AM